Super bowl grub?

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by Munson, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    What's everyone serving up?
    Most of the crew I'll be with is sportsmen , so I'm gonna smoke a backstrap or 2. I done the deer poppers/ rooster bullets whatever u wanna call em a while back with success. What other good recipes yall got for maybe smoking the whole loin and possibly making sliders or some such with it? thanks

2. inchr48

inchr48 10 pointer

May 14, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Saw some smoked nachos over the weekend on TV. Shredded smoked chicken mixed with BBQ sauce and Sriracha chili sauce to taste. Layered with chips, jalapenos, green onions, black beans, shredded cheddar in a shallow cast iron pan or skillet. Put in smoker 10 minutes or so until cheese melts. Serve with fresh salsa and sour cream.

Nock likes this.
  3. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm gonna make pizza and hot wings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

Probably gonna smoke my last elk rump roast for slicing. Philly cheesesteak type sammiches. I did that for derby & it was unreal delicious.

5. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Care to expand on that a little? types of cheese, bread etc...

6. DUCKY41051

DUCKY41051 6 pointer

Jul 22, 2008
    BBQ PORK LOIN CHOPS, GARLIC ROASTED BABY RED TATERS AND BAKED GREENBEENS WITH ROSEMARY, AND THREE FINGERS OF HECHSTADTERS SLOW AND LOW.

7. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

I'll pick up some fresh hoagie buns from the bakery. I let everyone pick their own toppings. I prefer good provolone with banana peppers & roasted Roma tomatoes. The wife is more traditional with white American cheese, mushrooms & a few green peppers. Once the sandwiches are made I'll pop in the oven under broil for a minute or 3 just to get a good melt & toast. Really can't go wrong with toppings.

8. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I won't celebrate the Super Bowl again this year but if I was to have a gathering I would smoke a gargantuan pile of atomic buffalo turds. I have made these things till my hands ache and it is never enough.

9. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    My house, it'll be cheesesteak sliders, BBQ'd smokies, pigs in a blanket, and I'm going to experiment with meatballs in a blanket too.

If you're going to make nachos, look up the Pioneer Woman's recipe. Besides being a delicious recipe, the way she makes them is applicable to any nacho recipe and will up your nacho game immensely.

10. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    I didn't get any pics, it was devoured when it hit the table lol. Some more of a game tho. worst commercials I can remember.