Sunday roll call

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by willy09, Nov 9, 2014.

1. chris1975

chris1975 6 pointer

Sep 14, 2011
    Lydon
    Im in Jefferson too. Nothing at all but the squirrels. Did somebody turn the rut off?

2. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    Big goose egg so far here. Only the squirrels are moving.

3. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Shot a nice 9 got to get him out when help gets here. Saw 8 doe and a 10 from yesterday.

4. bowmaddnes

bowmaddnes 8 pointer

Sep 15, 2011
    Western Ky
    Seen three so far here in McLean Co. Small 4 point a doe and a shooter that stayed just out of how range. All quiet for awhile now. Heard several shots

5. Boggs41076

Boggs41076 8 pointer

Oct 26, 2014
    Wolfe Creek, Ky
    On stand until 3 yesterday, I young 8 and a doe. A spike so far this morning. Up all nite with a stomach big but hoping I can make the all dayer today. Good luck and be safe guys and gals.

6. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Shot a doe this morning at 7:30. Really wanted to wait but my son kept wanting me to shoot it b/c he was cold. If I hadn't felt the whole ladder stand shaking from him, I would have waited a while. But I got all week to go by myself.

7. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    Sitting here about to give up. Had a nice little buck walk out. I stopped him with a grunt and wifey whacked him with the AR. Looked like a perfect shot, broadside about 50 yards. He flinched hard and jumped straight up, ran off just out of sight in the timber and we heard him crash. Wife is so excited she's about to jump out of the tree! Going to give it 10 minutes and go drag him out. Stand by pics!!

8. toxic

toxic 10 pointer

Nov 10, 2012
    J-TOWN (LOUISVILLE)
    I think the all the deer hit the 7am service at church! Lol

9. Kentucky Belle

Kentucky Belle Spike

Sep 22, 2013
    Nothing this morning in Johnson County! I'm not leaving the stand today, so I'm keeping a positive outlook! Even the amount of shots from other farms in the area is much lower than usual. Maybe they are just sleeping in...lol.

Sent from the east Kentucky deer woods!

10. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I saw 4 yotes early. Could not get a shot due to fog that didn't lift til 7:00. Saw only one doe and it got shot a little later

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  11. captain71

captain71 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Western Ky
    I quit at nine I got hungry lol. I seen small eight point and another almost a shooter chasing 3 does. Waited to see if another buck would be behind them but no luck.

12. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    Just the small fork buck early. Just left, new scrape 5 ft to the right of other one under my stand. Wasnt there yesterday. Slowest morning for me all season.

13. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I had a strange morning...

I get in the stand and I see there are a few deer in the field at 200 yards. I can tell one is a bigger body and is pushing a doe. They all left before it was shooting light. Once light a small 5 point buck and 3 does are in the field when a coyote crosses and the deer are all just fixed on it but none run. The yote leaves and the small buck crossed grown up draw into the next field and I hear two shots. So I'm thinking it was the guy I see yesterday who I thought was a trespasser. I continue to hunt and after an hour and a half I see 3 orange vest in the thicket. I'm thinking its some guys that live across the road that have been habitual trespassers.....So, I get down ready to run them off when I see its 3 kids. I ask if they had permission and they did. Seems the land owner forgot who was hunting where so we are hunting the same area....

Anyway...I ask if they need help tracking and we all go about looking for specks of blood. A shot time later the youngest boy said "there he is". He was alive but his head was up and wobbly. None of them have a gun so I said you can have my gun and shoot it. We start to walk around to get a better shot when this thing exploded. It happened so fast. One boy fell backwards and the girl was knocked down when the deer ran into her. The deer fell again and a final shot was made to end it.

It was funny when it was over. They were nice, respectful kids and I wished them luck. Not how I thought the day would go but one to remember.

14. blake89sr

blake89sr Spike

Apr 13, 2008
    It's hard seeing all these pictures on Facebook and here when your across the country
    20141105_144459.jpg

15. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Back in a different stand at 1:30 for a afternoon hunt.