Stuck the biggest buck of my life at 7:20

KY-WYWaterfowler

6 pointer
Nov 3, 2011
Morehead, KY
Thanks everybody, I appreciate it! I guess next time a I will post that I shot one, instead of stuck one. Couldn't say that I had killed it yet as, I was still in the stand when I posted. I watched the deer run after I shot him and couldn't see him drop. Just knew the last place I seen him, and followed a massive blood trail right to the deer. End up dropping at the last place I seen him, probably took less than a minute for him to expire. Glad I ended up making such a quick kill! His head is kinda of small, I figured he was most likely 3.5 years, 4.5 at the oldest.

thunderstorm

10 pointer
Dec 13, 2001
Congratulations on the late season buck. I too had the same reaction about "stuck one". It usually doesn't turn out good. I'm sure glad it did this time.

rather-b-huntn

10 pointer
Sep 18, 2009
blue side tha' mountain...
Say whatever u want. Stuck one, shot one, smoked one....dont worry bout what we may think. Gee u kill a giant droptine buck with a traditional bow and u think u know it all joe! J/k...sorta:)
Congrats again on a great buck, small head and all.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Thanks everybody, I appreciate it! I guess next time a I will post that I shot one, instead of stuck one. Couldn't say that I had killed it yet as, I was still in the stand when I posted. I watched the deer run after I shot him and couldn't see him drop. Just knew the last place I seen him, and followed a massive blood trail right to the deer. End up dropping at the last place I seen him, probably took less than a minute for him to expire. Glad I ended up making such a quick kill! His head is kinda of small, I figured he was most likely 3.5 years, 4.5 at the oldest.

I seen his head and thought man that is a huge rack on a young 2.5 deer, but then seen the body and thought 3.5 or 4.5. Very neat buck regardless and even better that you had a little history with him.

Last edited:

KY-WYWaterfowler

6 pointer
Nov 3, 2011
Morehead, KY
When we were caping out the deer we found three .22 bullets in its neck! Obviously attempted poaching, I just wonder how it got shot three times in the neck. All of the bullets were right under the skin.

Aug 10, 2012
Say whatever u want. Stuck one, shot one, smoked one....dont worry bout what we may think. Gee u kill a giant droptine buck with a traditional bow and u think u know it all joe! J/k...sorta:)
Congrats again on a great buck, small head and all.

Right on, call it what you want.

MegaTarsal

Spike
Aug 24, 2012
You posted just fine!!! Way to go...Congrats to you , I can tell you are pumped up....I would be to...

Latest posts