Stuck the biggest buck of my life at 7:20

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by KY-WYWaterfowler, Dec 1, 2012.

1. buzzb673

buzzb673 6 pointer

Nov 1, 2004
    Muses Mills,KY
    Very good deer. Congrats on a successful hunt.

2. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Congrats on a dandy buck!

3. B.G.O. of Kentucky

B.G.O. of Kentucky 12 pointer

Nov 19, 2002
    Louisville, Ky, USA.
    Good to see a big grin and no mean mugging :) Congrats on getting him!

4. KY-WYWaterfowler

KY-WYWaterfowler 6 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Morehead, KY
    Thanks everybody, I appreciate it! I guess next time a I will post that I shot one, instead of stuck one. Couldn't say that I had killed it yet as, I was still in the stand when I posted. I watched the deer run after I shot him and couldn't see him drop. Just knew the last place I seen him, and followed a massive blood trail right to the deer. End up dropping at the last place I seen him, probably took less than a minute for him to expire. Glad I ended up making such a quick kill! His head is kinda of small, I figured he was most likely 3.5 years, 4.5 at the oldest.

5. thunderstorm

thunderstorm 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2001
    Congratulations on the late season buck. I too had the same reaction about "stuck one". It usually doesn't turn out good. I'm sure glad it did this time.

6. rather-b-huntn

rather-b-huntn 10 pointer

Say whatever u want. Stuck one, shot one, smoked one....dont worry bout what we may think. Gee u kill a giant droptine buck with a traditional bow and u think u know it all joe! J/k...sorta:)
    Congrats again on a great buck, small head and all.

7. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I seen his head and thought man that is a huge rack on a young 2.5 deer, but then seen the body and thought 3.5 or 4.5. Very neat buck regardless and even better that you had a little history with him.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  8. KY-WYWaterfowler

KY-WYWaterfowler 6 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Morehead, KY
    When we were caping out the deer we found three .22 bullets in its neck! Obviously attempted poaching, I just wonder how it got shot three times in the neck. All of the bullets were right under the skin.

9. Shaine1985

Shaine1985 12 pointer

Jul 11, 2012
    your moms
    very nice buck..I would give a testicle for a deer that size right now :cool:

10. magoofinhunter

magoofinhunter Banned

Aug 10, 2012
    Right on, call it what you want.

11. tarsal

tarsal Spike

Aug 24, 2012
    You posted just fine!!! Way to go...Congrats to you , I can tell you are pumped up....I would be to...