Strangest Thing You've Caught While Fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Regulator623, Feb 1, 2020.

1. bstickin1

bstickin1 8 pointer

Jul 1, 2005
    Rocky Hill, Kentucky
    My bad, memory failed me again. I talked to my brother and he said it was 17.5. I was thinking 22 sounded awful long. I should have asked him 1st especially knowing how bad my memory is at times.

CRFmxracer likes this.
  2. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    And it doesn't get any better with time..trust me on that..lol

3. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    I googled longest crappie on record and it come as 19” I couldn’t find the length for that one from tennessee either

drakeshooter likes this.
  4. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Fact !!!
    For me, it was a duck or goose (memory fails me). I was fishing and a duck/goose crossed my line and got all tangled up in it's feet/legs. I know it created quite the ruckus and it seemed like forever before it finally broke my line. I could hear folks bad mouthing me across the lake thinking I had done it on purpose.

5. EastKYHardwoodHunter

EastKYHardwoodHunter 6 pointer

Mar 4, 2018
    Beattyville
    Heard a tale about that guy there that he caught one in the same place and it was probably a record and he ate it

Munson and drakeshooter like this.
  6. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    2 springs ago I was fishing a pond near my parents that I grew up fishing. There was a duck with several ducklings swimming down the bank. Saw a bass some up and grab one of the ducklings “Whoa that was cool!” The momma duck and ducklings quickly moved across the lake. Next couple casts I caught a bass and while I’m fighting it, it comes up and jumps and spits out the baby duck! Still alive! It swims over to the bank and gets up in the rocks. After I toss the bass back I grab it, walk around the pond to the other bank and give it back to the mom and it’s siblings where they quickly reunited. I have it all on video too but I’m sure the file size is too big to upload

7. Man you need to start a YouTube account pronto if you have all that on video. Viral ain’t the word.

8. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    Scary, family may have wanted that..

9. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Barren lake?! I pulled nice ones out every cast from there one year. Must have been right before you got there.

10. Who’s gonna knock on the door and ask?

11. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    I would have given it to the police to discern and call about. Maybe it wasnt one of theirs at all. But if my kid died like that it may mean everything to have the last thing he wore in my closet.