Strangest Thing You've Caught While Fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Regulator623, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    Saw this thread on another forum...there's been some interesting items been brought up from the deep...

2. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    A jet ski cover. Caught it on a carolina rig near a dock. The owner was extremely happy lol

3. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    A hooker on a scooter. I was catching bait with a cast net while waiting on a buddy to take his boat out and catch sone flat heads on the big o down near louisville. This lady rode up looking for some quick cash. Took a minute to get her to leave me alone and did not appreciate my disinterest.

4. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    Someone elses baitcaster.
    I did find someones wallet from the 70's (early 2000s when i found it) in the water below a small dam, credit cards and all in it, but never could track the owner down. Maybe deceased by then.

Gforcetrivers likes this.
  5. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I caught my wife fishing ( Seriously) She lived next to a river . We talked at school and I said lets go fishing down on the river . She said yes .
    We went out fishing and I said who ever catches the first fish , the other has to kiss the one who catches the first fish. I baited our hooks and I threw her line out and then my line . It was not a full minute that she reeled in a small bluegill. Well I kept my end of that bargain and now almost 38 years later I haven't thrown her back.

6. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Caught a spinning reel combo one time that had a 12 pound carp on the end of the line.

Gforcetrivers and kyhunter99 like this.
  7. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Caught a drive shaft off a vehicle once. No idea what vehicle.

kyhunter99 likes this.
  8. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Remember how old beverage 6 pack of cans came with the plastic rings? Caught a Rainbow Trout once that had one of those rings around it. Just one ring. Cut the plastic ring off and turned it loose.

9. Grago

Grago 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Caught a snake, that had a turtle, that had about 3/4 of him eaten craziest thing i ever seen was hooked in the mouth wit a bass plug and treble hook on it. I dont know if it snagged him or what or if he struck it, thinking it had to do with hurting him. I could pull the snakes head up out of the water, but couldnt see the turtle, had no idea, what was going on , when i got it close enough to see the turtle, and what was going on i cut the line and let the whole mess go

10. Gooch

Gooch 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2004
    .lincoln co ky
    I pulled up a aluminum cooking pan While crappie fishing, I released it

Gforcetrivers likes this.
  11. Panther45

Panther45 6 pointer

Sep 25, 2013
    Caught a snake on a top water frog. Reeled it in and noticed a big bulge in its stomach. Being curious as to what it ate, I cut it open. A big bull frog jumped out and jumped right back into the water and swam away.

Caught a 15 pound channel cat on a Zebco 33 when I was about 10 years old. This was at a popular pay lake. Had the whole lake laughing at me as I was trying to reel it in while the drag was whining like crazy! No body was laughing when they found out a 10 year old had won the big fish pot for the day. Lots of pissed off drunks after that.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  12. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 8 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    While casting off a pier in Florida, perfect timing caught a pelican as it flew by. Really interesting fight until I could get the line cut.

13. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Have caught blue herons down at Barkley and KY dams. Dam things used to grab your skipjacks before you could

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  14. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 6 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    If you ever catch a gulf fish and he is wearing a UK hat and a pair of Oakley sunglasses, they are mine. Lost them about 4 years ago.

15. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Dad had a heron grab his bangolure one morning. That was a fight. Netted it and got the hook out