Strange things you've found in the woods?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by buzzbaiter83, Sep 29, 2013.

1. cracker0169

cracker0169 Spike

Jan 21, 2011
    Benton, KY
    I work at LBL. I've found some strange things doing food plots, open lands bush hogging, and working the trails. Old cars far off from any road. Moonshine jugs from years past. I found an old tricycle mowing the Trace one year. Old cisterns, home places with structures somewhat standing.

When I was a kid, my granddad and I found a balloon some kid had turned loose from northern Illinois at LBL

2. limbhanger

limbhanger 8 pointer

Feb 10, 2004
    w.ky.
    I found a balloon from a young kid in Harrisburg, Ill. years ago. Wrote him back but never heard from him.
    My kid found a balloon from a fund raising walk from St. Louis. Called them back (note said to) and they said "that has been over for a long time." Guess he was supposed to find it that day??
    He also found a message in a bottle, Cave-in-Rock area. It was tossed in N. Fork of Licking river 16 yrs prior. It took some work, but I found the girl that wrote it. Still have note and bottle.

3. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Hey I live on n fork of licking river. Would you mind pm me the area she lives in. I probably know her. Grew up in the north fork area. Ran miles of it.

4. limbhanger

limbhanger 8 pointer

Feb 10, 2004
    w.ky.
    She no longer lives there, I think her mom does. I'd send you info, but can't figure out how to do on my phone. I'll send it later today.

5. limbhanger

limbhanger 8 pointer

Feb 10, 2004
    w.ky.
    He found it in 2012, was written in 1996.

6. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    I was riding my dirtbike with my buddy back about 5 years ago and we rode up on about 8 people in black kkk style robes standing over a bloody goat that the head had been cut off of with a ring of rocks with another little ring of rocks that outlined a small fire put in the middle. that was a very traumatic experience for me to say the least.

7. chrispbrown27

chrispbrown27 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2011
    Carlisle county, KY

Wow.....you win the award for freakiest visual. I would have dropped the bike and looked like the roadrunner heading in the opposite direction!
    Chris

8. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    SATAN WORSHOPERS.
    I would have run like HELL.

9. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

Didn't happen to be near the Carter-Lewis line did you? If so, that was probably me. We put on that show to keep up the devil worshiping facade (see "trespassing" thread.). Works like a charm. By the way, no goats were harmed in the course of our ceremony.

10. Zeb

Zeb 8 pointer

May 20, 2008
    Goshen, KY
    If it wasn't you, it could have been my out of town buddies. They get together a couple of times a year for hunting and typically camp out. Good guys that are very into traditional hunting. I get what I assume is an invitation every year but have only joined them on one trip. Sadly, I'm too heavy to use the grappling hook tree climber and can't get my throwing stars to keep a tight group (advice appreciated). I'm surprised so many quickly jump to the wrong conclusion. Check the search option on this site, you may find a thread about some guys that had their dinner interrupted by a trespasser on a motorcycle.

11. chris149

chris149 12 pointer

Jun 17, 2009
    KY

12. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011

13. scsims

scsims 10 pointer

Most people I know don't care how a racoon dies, as long as it's one less coon to get in their barn, eat turkey eggs, and to knock over your trash.

I once found a bag of used meth making supplies.

14. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I found one of these once as well. Seems like the weather balloon is not as uncommon as I thought it was when I found it.

15. Southpaw

Southpaw 10 pointer

Oct 2, 2005
    Northern Ky
    Saw something similar in the Allegheny National Forest in Pennsylvania. Prob 40 cars with diff state license plates. I thght it was Halloween party or something til i got closer. This was prob 30 yrs ago an it still gives me cold chills.