Stone Branch

Stone Branch

10 pointer
Jun 27, 2019
Lewis county, KY
One thing I notice about all of your "monster" bucks......lots of night photos. I guess that's why they reach these ages. Enjoy the photos as always! Good luck during ML.

Stingiest deer that I have ever seen/not seen.

IMG_0305 (1200 x 900).jpg

IMG_0293 (1200 x 900).jpg

IMG_0291 (1200 x 900).jpg

G

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Stone Branch my bucks act very similar to yours. Big matures are tough to get in front of when your on stand.

Stone Branch

10 pointer
Jun 27, 2019
Lewis county, KY
Stone Branch my bucks act very similar to yours. Big matures are tough to get in front of when your on stand.

No photos of the big matures this week but the regular homies seem to have my number.

Sunday morning I'm working in my shop and the 11 is 200 yards up in the Kill Zone listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd.

IMG_0631 (1200 x 675).jpg

Sunday evening.

IMG_0907 (1200 x 675).jpg

Im in the stand on Monday evening and 11 shows up after I have gone.

IMG_0104 (1200 x 675).jpg

Tuesday evening I'm not in the stand.

IMG_0353 (1200 x 675).jpg

Wednesday I'm in the stand and nothing but crickets, actually, the crickets were tinnitus ringing in my ears.

G

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
No photos of the big matures this week but the regular homies seem to have my number.

Sunday morning I'm working in my shop and the 11 is 200 yards up in the Kill Zone listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd.

View attachment 107685

Sunday evening.

View attachment 107686

Im in the stand on Monday evening and 11 shows up after I have gone.

View attachment 107687

Tuesday evening I'm not in the stand.

View attachment 107688

Wednesday I'm in the stand and nothing but crickets, actually, the crickets were tinnitus ringing in my ears.

G
make sure skynard is playing in the shop… when you hunt

Stone Branch

10 pointer
Jun 27, 2019
Lewis county, KY
From someone who doesn't own a Dog:
He's just Too Cute to be A Scary Dog.

I was referring to the world as a scary place from the perspective of a little pup facing his first outdoor adventure. Most pups you have to carry away from their new found safe zone. I had to carry Tiny down the drive. Spike was hung up in the first 2 pictures. I didn't say anything I just gave him a little time and he overcame his fears and proceeded forward.

I planted Tiny yesterday in the yard next to a seedling chestnut that I hatched from a chinese chestnut. If the tree survives to produce, I'll have Tiny chestnuts.

DSC06023 (1200 x 800).jpg

DSC06024 (1200 x 800).jpg

Out with the old and in with the new. Tank chomped Spike about 10 seconds after I took this picture. Spike was no worse for wear.

DSC06041 (1200 x 800).jpg

Christmas eve with 4-5 inches of snow on the ground, 30 mph winds, 2 degrees, at noon, I was walking out to the horse barn in Michigan with my 2 dogs. We met my GF walking in with her 2 dogs. One of her dogs attacked Tiny. I grabbed up Tiny and he proceeded to fight me, this brought Tank into the fight. The initail attacker and GF fell out of the scrum leaving me in another Jiu-Jitsu match with 2 monster dogs trying to kill each other. This went on for a while before I submitted Tank flat on the ground, being he is the more powerful dog with the hyena bite force. This left Tiny pretty much free to carry on the onslaught. I covered over Tank in a defensive position as if I were being mauled by a bear. Then followed another 10 minutes or so of me grip fighting with Tiny's teeth trying to keep Tank alive. GF was beating Tiny with a stick. The barn manager eventually came out with a pitchfork and was beating Tiny with it. GF was saying stick him, the old gentleman asked if I wanted him to stick Tiny and I said no. At one point GF tried to choke Tiny with her hands and he bit her. GF went to the house to get a slip lead. The struggle went on to the point that me and the 2 dogs were about reaching total exhaustion. I beat Tiny off of his last grip on Tanks face and he backed off to find a new angle in, when he did it gave me a chance to rise up and cold cock Tiny with a big right hook. This set him down and GF returned and put the slip lead on Tiny and took him to the barn.

The kitchen turned into a triage center. I had 18 holes 10 of which were serious puncture wounds. Tank was ripped up pretty good with serious puncture wounds and almost had his throat ripped out. I refused to go to the emergency. We treated my wounds and I started myself on clavomox that I had on hand. We got Tank started on a prescription of amoxicillin. I went to Christmas eve dinner at GF's nephews with my hands wrapped in gauze and vet wrap. The bite GF took was between her left breast and her throat. She had on 2 layers of flannel and Carhart overalls, no broken skin but a mean bruise the size of my fist.

Christmas day between dressings.

IMG_0352 (1200 x 900).jpg

Meanwhile I still had Tiny out in a heated tack room in the barn and was contemplating going out and putting one in his head. I only had my AR and that would have taken his face off. GF convinced me to do it her way. The next day, Monday, we drove to the vet clinic in Ann Arbor and picked up a package. Back at the farm Tiny got a syringe of happy juice then he got an intravenous syringe of the blue stuff. His heart stopped by the time all the blue was in him.

I have now broken up 4 Tanks fights from the inside out, 3 he did not start, one with Tiny, he may have been a co aggressor. Tank has never put his teeth on or in me. Tiny became unhinged and wasn't right within his head. You simply cannot kill your best friends. Remember, Tiny's mother was an inbred Neapolitan mastiff. I was ready to go out and replace Tiny with another monster bandog but decided to give myself a break. So you see JR in KY, Spike was chosen for his smaller stature and the stable, mild temperament of his parents. He is not a scary dog.

G

Last edited:

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
I was referring to the world as a scary place from the perspective of a little pup facing his first outdoor adventure. Most pups you have to carry away from their new found safe zone. I had to carry Tiny down the drive. Spike was hung up in the first 2 pictures. I didn't say anything I just gave him a little time and he overcame his fears and proceeded forward.

I planted Tiny yesterday in the yard next to a seedling chestnut that I hatched from a chinese chestnut. If the tree survives to produce, I'll have Tiny chestnuts.

Out with the old and in with the new. Tank chomped Spike about 10 seconds after I took this picture. Spike was no worse for wear.

Christmas eve with 4-5 inches of snow on the ground, 30 mph winds, 2 degrees, at noon, I was walking out to the horse barn in Michigan with my 2 dogs. We met my GF walking in with her 2 dogs. One of her dogs attacked Tiny. I grabbed up Tiny and he proceeded to fight me, this brought Tank into the fight. The initail attacker and GF fell out of the scrum leaving me in another Jiu-Jitsu match with 2 monster dogs trying to kill each other. This went on for a while before I submitted Tank flat on the ground, being he is the more powerful dog with the hyena bite force. This left Tiny pretty much free to carry on the onslaught. I covered over Tank in a defensive position as if I were being mauled by a bear. Then followed another 10 minutes or so of me grip fighting with Tiny's teeth trying to keep Tank alive. GF was beating Tiny with a stick. The barn manager eventually came out with a pitchfork and was beating Tiny with it. GF was saying stick him, the old gentleman asked if I wanted him to stick Tiny and I said no. At one point GF tried to choke Tiny with her hands and he bit her. GF went to the house to get a slip lead. The struggle went on to the point that me and the 2 dogs were about reaching total exhaustion. I beat Tiny off of his last grip on Tanks face and he backed off to find a new angle in, when he did it gave me a chance to rise up and cold cock Tiny with a big right hook. This set him down and GF returned and put the slip lead on Tiny and took him to the barn.

The kitchen turned into a triage center. I had 18 holes 10 of which were serious puncture wounds. Tank was ripped up pretty good with serious puncture wounds and almost had his throat ripped out. I refused to go to the emergency. We treated my wounds and I started myself on clavomox that I had on hand. We got Tank started on a prescription of amoxicillin. I went to Christmas eve dinner at GF's nephews with my hands wrapped in gauze and vet wrap. The bite GF took was between her left breast and her throat. She had on 2 layers of flannel and Carhart overalls, no broken skin but a mean bruise the size of my fist.

Christmas day between dressings.

Meanwhile I still had Tiny out in a heated tack room in the barn and was contemplating going out and putting one in his head. I only had my AR and that would have taken his face off. GF convinced me to do it her way. The next day, Monday, we drove to the vet clinic in Ann Arbor and picked up a package. Back at the farm Tiny got a syringe of happy juice then he got an intravenous syringe of the blue stuff. His heart stopped by the time all the blue was in him.

I have now broken up 4 Tanks fights from the inside out, 3 he did not start, one with Tiny, he may have been a co aggressor. Tank has never put his teeth on or in me. Tiny became unhinged and wasn't right within his head. You simply cannot kill your best friends. Remember, Tiny's mother was an inbred Neapolitan mastiff. I was ready to go out and replace Tiny with another monster bandog but decided to give myself a break. So you see JR in KY, Spike was chosen for his smaller stature and the stable, mild temperament of his parents. He is not a scary dog.

G
Oh man, I hate this for you. Even knowing it was the right thing that HAD to be done, I know how much it can weigh on you. Hope your injuries are healing well. Bites, especially punctures, can get ugly real easy. Hubby's face was in the wrong place at the wrong time (a new pup jumped on top of our oldest GSD while he was on his back being groomed) almost 30 years ago. Ripped his cheek open, underneath his jaw, and left his lower lip flapping. No choice but to go the ER for that so they could put him back together....

Years ago, we had two dogs that just flat out couldn't get along & my biggest fear was them getting into it when I was here alone & wouldn't be able to get them apart. So I bought several canisters of pepper spray & kept them around the doors so if needed, I could grab them in a hurry. Never had to use them - all of the fights were when either hubby or one of the kids was around to help me break it up (and once we got them apart, only one of the dogs tried to continue the attack). Also helps that they were a lot smaller than Tiny at 60 and 75 lbs respectively.

Anyway, my thoughts are with you. You did the only thing that could be done under the circumstances. Some dogs just aren't "wired right" and no amount of training can fix them and when they flip out, the results can be devastating. And congrats on your new pup, Spike. I look forward to watching him grow along with your continued improvements to Stone Branch.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
Thanks for the explanation. Big dogs like those can do serious damage to each other or someone else.
I have NO criticism of you or the dogs. Your business. I don't have a dog any longer, and the last one I had got hit by a car so i decided i would Not have one if i had to tie it up.
Sorry for your loss.

Cornpile

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2006
Kornfield County,KY
Sorry you had to put him to sleep,never good to lose a dog.
Here is what you needed to stop a dog fight. This would have stopped
the fight right now. It would have saved you and her from getting bit.
Get you a couple of bottles and know where they are when needed.
Pepper spray will put them out of the notion of fighting....

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Man I hate to read this! My dog got attacked by a boxer a month ago I pulled him off and if I would of had a gun on me I would of shot it.
Next day bosses beagle chased a deer across the road and when he came back it was attacked by the same boxer, it took 2 of us to break it loose and we choked it out with it collar.
Beagle got 22 stitches and I told the owner if I ever see it again it's going to disappear for good!
Sorry for you loosing your dog they are family.

Stone Branch

10 pointer
Jun 27, 2019
Lewis county, KY
Oh man, I hate this for you. Even knowing it was the right thing that HAD to be done, I know how much it can weigh on you. Hope your injuries are healing well. Bites, especially punctures, can get ugly real easy. Hubby's face was in the wrong place at the wrong time (a new pup jumped on top of our oldest GSD while he was on his back being groomed) almost 30 years ago. Ripped his cheek open, underneath his jaw, and left his lower lip flapping. No choice but to go the ER for that so they could put him back together....

Years ago, we had two dogs that just flat out couldn't get along & my biggest fear was them getting into it when I was here alone & wouldn't be able to get them apart. So I bought several canisters of pepper spray & kept them around the doors so if needed, I could grab them in a hurry. Never had to use them - all of the fights were when either hubby or one of the kids was around to help me break it up (and once we got them apart, only one of the dogs tried to continue the attack). Also helps that they were a lot smaller than Tiny at 60 and 75 lbs respectively.

Anyway, my thoughts are with you. You did the only thing that could be done under the circumstances. Some dogs just aren't "wired right" and no amount of training can fix them and when they flip out, the results can be devastating. And congrats on your new pup, Spike. I look forward to watching him grow along with your continued improvements to Stone Branch.

Thank you, it was lucky that the bite my GF took wasn't to her face or throat. There were points during the first half of the match, more of a free-flowing roll, where time seemed to stand still. I had this hypersensitivity of my face in relation to teeth. I'd like to say that it was my spatial awareness, but I was just lucky. The second half of the match I was using what ever I could to block Tiny's onslaught including my head which took some scratches but no bites.

Thanks for the explanation. Big dogs like those can do serious damage to each other or someone else.
I have NO criticism of you or the dogs. Your business. I don't have a dog any longer, and the last one I had got hit by a car so i decided i would Not have one if i had to tie it up.
Sorry for your loss.

welcome, thanks. I won't have dogs that I can't trust.

Sorry you had to put him to sleep,never good to lose a dog.
Here is what you needed to stop a dog fight. This would have stopped
the fight right now. It would have saved you and her from getting bit.
Get you a couple of bottles and know where they are when needed.
Pepper spray will put them out of the notion of fighting....

thanks.

I've really enjoyed the photos you've shared of your dogs. They were/are beautiful animals. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know the pain.

To try to get between those dogs while fighting....You are a much braver man than I.

Thanks timer.

Man I hate to read this! My dog got attacked by a boxer a month ago I pulled him off and if I would of had a gun on me I would of shot it.
Next day bosses beagle chased a deer across the road and when he came back it was attacked by the same boxer, it took 2 of us to break it loose and we choked it out with it collar.
Beagle got 22 stitches and I told the owner if I ever see it again it's going to disappear for good!
Sorry for you loosing your dog they are family.

Thanks, sound like quite the menace that you have to deal with. Boxers are up there on the attack list.

Yesterday was a good day for us. Shortly after this photo Spike was getting nutty on me when I was trying to get a photo of the 2 of them with the stick. I picked him up and put him in a submitted position on his back in my arms and he wanted to struggle. Then he went full screaming tantrum fight which caused Tank to jump out of sit and charge forward. Spike went from fight to perfect little angel instantly. Tank chomped him a couple of times day one, none day 2. The two of them are simple adorable together here inside our shelter.

DSC06055 (1200 x 800).jpg

G