Stoeger shotguns

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by woodsman92, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 6 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    I have a Stoeger M3500 and love it. I can't recall any issues with anything I put through it. Bargain for sure.

I also have a Tristar OU 12 gauge courtesy of Ducks Unlimited a couple years ago. I dont think I would have bought one on my own but its killed many pheasant and sporting clays without issue! I'm a little spoiled now by my Silver Pigeon 12 and 28ga Franchi Instinct so it doesn't get much work any more though...

2. woodsman92

woodsman92 8 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    You ever run many light loads through that stoeger?

3. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 6 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    When I first got it I ran a variety of 2 3/4 up to 3 1/2. I've not run anything light in it since and that was 6 or 8 years ago. I don't recall any issues. It's what I use for waterfowl, so it's usually fed high brass 3 or 3 1/2" stuff.

4. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    I’ve heard the same thing they’re basically a benelli. Never heard anything bad about them really

5. Ash12

Ash12 10 pointer

Oct 21, 2007

I would be willing to bet that if you ask anyone out there that spent the extra cash on a gun if they regret it, you will find very few that will say that they do.

6. HCDH66

HCDH66 6 pointer

Apr 10, 2019
    Hardin County
    I looked at both Stoeger and Yildiz a couple of years ago when I was looking for a modest-priced O/U. I ended up going with Yildiz (available only at Academy Sports) due to what I considered a better fit and feel. The wood on the Yildiz was better, and it was quite a bit lighter. I ended up buying a 20 gauge and liked it so much that I bought a matching 12 the next year. I have shot them both quite a bit on both game and sporting clays, and they have performed well.

kyoutdoorsman likes this.
  7. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Yildiz has great reviews

HCDH66 likes this.
  8. KYhunter

KYhunter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    A Stoeger will get the job done. Have had no problems with mine. Remember even the high dollar gun companies have a service department for a reason. Also ask yourself, how many guys do you know, that will actually admit they overspent on any firearm? "You're right honey, I spent too much money for that and should have bought the cheaper one." Yeah right!

9. woodsman92

woodsman92 8 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    After a lot of reading and debating I decided against the stoeger. Read about some people having extraction problems with low brass.
    Today I drove to kygun and picked up a Weatherby Element. Not got to put any rounds through it yet but it feels good in the hand, and got it for under 600.

10. 859Chuck

859Chuck Fawn

Aug 30, 2020
    Florence KY
    I have a 12ga. Over/under, it shoots good and very reliable. It’s killed plenty of clay pigeons and also a few rabbits.