Still able to make it happen!!

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
I’ve not posted on here about this but back on May 20 I had open heart triple bypass surgery at Vanderbilt. Thought I might not make it. Life has been tough since but getting better. Last thing I thought I’d be able to do is hunt especially hard like I normally do. I tried going some but it’s been hard on me. I really needed to try going some to just feel somewhat normal again after all the rehab I been thru. A few days ago it paid off. I’m sitting watching a small spike bump a doe across the holler then all at once I heard limbs breaking and antlers banging together about 70 yds out. Sounded like some good size antlers hitting. Caught a glimpse of a buck running another buck over the ridge away from me. I grabbed my grunt call and grunted two times loud and then snort wheezed. All of a sudden a doe popped up the trail looking for the source of the calling. She headed over the ridge then I could hear the winner of the fight coming. He stepped out about 40yds looking hard my way and I made the shot. So happy and thankful to god I was able to go and sit in the woods let alone be able to take another great buck. I’ve taken many nice bucks over the years but this one is special to me. Thanks so much to my friend Frank for helping me get the deer out. Not put a tape on him but did weigh him. 11pt. Main frame 10 with about a 5 inch long trash point by base of antler. He field dressed 198lbs. On a side note if you guys ever have chest pain don’t mess around get it checked it can save your life.

6CE7EF85-9C1E-4F4F-8327-97E5FFF83C33.jpeg

C7DB5B81-FE63-4E99-A4BF-D484E34D7B2C.jpeg

BD204D84-5E97-4A7A-9657-ED9D42B747EB.jpeg

Grago

12 pointer
Dec 13, 2016
Congratulations, super nice buck, glad you were able to hunt, i know where your coming from, im surprised every morning, i wake up, proud for you, you did a great job, congratulations again..

Ezelkyhunter

10 pointer
Nov 28, 2013
Awesome story and glad your around d for another season!!! Let’s make a bunch more seasons. Listen to doctors and take care of yourself.
Big deer.
Biggest field dressed I ever got was 197 I would have swore it was 250.
A 200lbs deer in Ky isn’t common in my experience

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Happy for you and glad you could get it. Hope the recoil was mild enough on your surgery site.

awesome buck!!! I’ll take every “trash” point I can get. Adds character.

Latest posts