starting to see some good rut activity

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by gobblergetter, Oct 27, 2009.

1. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana
    I was on fall break this past weekend Fri to Monday. Didn't get to hunt much on Fri or Sat (wife had one heckuva honey do list and we had a family hayride) Sunday morning i had a small scrub buck chasin 2 does and then sunday evening I got to see it all. Wathced a basket 7 pt we have on cam chase a doe, spar with a little 3 pt, make a scrape and licking branch, pee in the scrape. He would not leave my area giving me umpteen different shots but he just wasnt' what we want to shoot on our property. Monday morn I saw 3 does and a differnt 3 pt. Shot a coyote and saw another coyote. The rut is starting to get goin up here. Grunted a 17 in forkhorn in last Thursday as well.

I'm just waiting to see some bigger deer for a change. Small bucks is all I'm seeing right now. Anybody else running into this problem?

2. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    I went out Saturday didn't see anything as far as deer found a few new rubs that's about it..

3. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

Starting to see some sign here. Some small bucks starting to dog some does...heard some crashing Sunday morning. Although seeing some bigger bucks but they are not friggin with the does or running...just seem to be in that late eve. feeding mode. It would be great to get some temps in the frost range next week to kick it off right. Traveling I-24 about 15 miles to work daily and have only saw a few dead ones show up ...but they showed up in the last 3 days. It's getting ready to bust loose.