SPYPOINT link micro

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by invasion36, Jul 31, 2019.

1. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I've been reading about these cameras for a few weeks and watching the price. Almost everyone has them for $119 at the moment but man they are getting some terrible reviews.
    First, I've not seen a picture from it that looked anywhere close to 10 MP. Second, I'm getting nervous after seeing so many say their camera quit communicating after a few days/weeks and how bad the customer service sucks.

2. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    My cuz has one for a couple weeks now. So far so good but I'm waiting a while before I pull the trigger. Pics are good enough. Seemed like one of these guys mentioned an update or something earlier in the thread that may be ppl's issue with the bad reviews.

3. mykizha

mykizha 6 pointer

Aug 19, 2018
    Hamilton
    I have seen pics that were sent to me, nothing straight from the sd card yet. They are not great, but good enough. I assume sd pics will be better but won't know until get back down.

No issues so far with function.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  4. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    I am now on a plan as my trial is up on one of my cameras. I have not had any issues with the camera communicating while they have been out in field. When I first got my second camera I had to update it and then it started sending pics. For the money I can not complain. Pics are not the best but good enough and the detection range on these cameras are amazing. Sometimes too good as I will get pics of deer well over 80 feet away and just see that it’s a deer.

5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

You're going to end up costing me $119. I would really like to have a reporting camera on a spot I like to hunt during the rut.
    Of course it's going to cause my work to suffer if I start getting day pics of shooters.

Munson likes this.
  6. mykizha

mykizha 6 pointer

Aug 19, 2018
    Hamilton
    Yeah, I don't need any more work distractions in November either, but I'll get through it.

7. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    You don’t check it that much. Only when your phone goes off. Lol.

8. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    PLEASE READ!!!! I got the monthly plan this morning as my free trial ran out. I bought the 7$ a month if paid annually so 84$ for the year. When I put my bank card info in I was declined. Tried again and declined. Used another bank card from another bank and again declined. Used my wife’s card and it went through. Thought maybe their site was messed up or having technical issues for the first few tries but turns out, spypoint is out of Canada and my bank went to fraudulent mode and put a hold on my account. I didn’t know until lunch when card declined. Called bank and they asked if I tried making a purchase to spypoint and I said yes. Asked y they shut card off and it was cause spypoints bank was in Canada. So hope this helps someone if you plan on purchasing a plan.

9. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    Look at it like this. What would you pay for a decent camera? 80$-100$? What’s 20$ more especially when it saves you a little gas money and keeps you out of the area checking cards

10. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Good to know!

11. Pirate

Pirate Spike

Aug 11, 2016
    Kinston, NC
    The pics you get back to your phone, etc. will not be 10 mp quality but when you pull the card they will be. They are good enough to tell which buck it is but that is about it. My camera has worked flawlessly for about three weeks (3,000 pics) so I can't speak to the customer service. Went last night and bought my second one.

mykizha and invasion36 like this.
  12. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    E64352ED-FCD6-4EBD-B93C-D7296EFC425B.jpeg 82062622-FD75-42A1-ABDC-6AD43A4D9AF4.jpeg Here are a few pics from mine.

13. woodsman92

woodsman92 6 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    Been using mine for 2 weeks and I will say im impressed with it thus far. detection is great, pic quality that is sent to your phone isnt the best but like they said you can tell what deer it is, and if you want to see a better pic pull the micro sd card and you will get the full 10 MP pic. Mine is set only to send me pics once a day, so every day at lunch it sends me 24 hours worth of photos. Saves the battery by only sending once a day. If it keeps working the way it has been I will buy more next year or if goes on a even better sale.

invasion36 likes this.
  14. Smokinya1

Smokinya1 Fawn

Oct 8, 2015
    I've had 2 of these out for 5 weeks in Kentucky and another one at the club at home for 2.5 months with no issues. Pics on app are not the best but let's you know what's there but the pics on SD card are really good. I'm really enjoying mine and looking forward to using them all year.

15. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Do these cams have a plot watch only setting? I have use for a cell cam that will just take 4 pics a day.