SPYPOINT link micro

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by invasion36, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Use the Everready Lithiums. My Spartan lasted 1 yr on the first set of batteries in it. 5425 pics sent.

mykizha and Tufrthnails like this.
  2. columbia whitetail

columbia whitetail 8 pointer

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    For those of you that have the link micro could you give us some pros and cons? Looking to buy one this weekend but would love some opinions.

3. woodsman92

woodsman92 6 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    well the pros are obvious, dont have to go check the camera if you hunt far from home and even if you do you dont have to go disturb the area to get the pics. and you get pics faster rather than only every 2 or 3 weeks when you pull the card.

the cons would be you must have good service where you place the camera. that limits me on where I can put it. Id like to put it down in the holler but theres no service there where I hunt so therefore this camera stays on top of the ridge so it has enough service to send the pics. Another con is the monthly plan you pay to recieve the pics, price is based on how many pics you want to recieve a month. And lastly it does seem to like batteries, you can set it to only send you the pics once a day and that really helps, but if you want every pic sent the moment it is captured then the batteries will not last long

columbia whitetail likes this.
  4. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    Another con is pic quality. They are not the best but I guess for inventory purposes and price point it’s not too bad.

mykizha likes this.
  5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

The higher the quality the bigger the file/data which increases traffic and possibly cost.

6. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I think I'll buy one in October and try out that first free month when it matters most to me.

Munson likes this.
  7. woodsman92

woodsman92 6 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    I mean at the price of 119 I am still glad i bought mine. If it works all season I will probably buy another one or 2 next year if the price dont go up

8. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I’m gonna buy a covert and get good quality. I know they are higher but I have had good dealings with them and know they have good pics. I only need one

9. mykizha

mykizha 6 pointer

Aug 19, 2018
    Hamilton
    Agree with everything above.

Pros: cheap, works good.

Cons: pic quality not great.

I bought mine as a test into the cell camera world. So far I'm happy. After I test service in some better locations (further into the woods) I think my next one will be higher price/quality.

10. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

It says it's 10 MP. That's not bad unless you have to set it to a lower quality to make it send.

11. columbia whitetail

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    So when you say picture quality how bad is it? Would you have a sample picture?

12. woodsman92

woodsman92 6 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    my experience is the pic it sends to the phone is about 1MP, which sounds worse than it is, in my opinion still a good pic on my cell phone. The 10MP is what is stored on the micro SD card you have in the camera. So if you want to see the 10MP pic you need to pull the card. I do not find a option to change the setting of what MP pic you get sent.

I would give sample pics for comparison but I have the worst time trying to upload pics to this forum

mykizha likes this.
  13. mykizha

mykizha 6 pointer

Aug 19, 2018
    Hamilton
    What woodsman said.

Sample pics.

20190823_174843.jpg 20190823_174751.jpg

14. columbia whitetail

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    I can certainly handle the day pics. How about a night pic anyone?

15. mykizha

mykizha 6 pointer

Aug 19, 2018
    Hamilton