SPYPOINT link micro

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by invasion36, Jul 31, 2019.

1. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    Version V1.09.05

2. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    Mine done that and I switched the settings on the app to send pics each time. I had it set for 6 times a day but changed it just to make sure it was functioning. Mine is not over corn. It looks over my bean field so I may only get 4-5 pics a day. If I had it over corn ( or high traffic areas) I would set it to transmit at certain intervals as to not waste battery.

3. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    Just make sure wherever you put it, your cell phone gets good reception or it won’t send. However it will still save pics to SD card

4. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    Just in case anyone else runs into this. my app was giving me the connecting circle of death while trying to login. to fix i clicked forgot password and they emailed me a link to change my password. changed it and it has been fine since sending me pics of my chicken coming and going from their coop where i am testing.

carnivore likes this.
  5. mykizha

mykizha Spike

Aug 19, 2018
    Hamilton
    Set mine up in a couple different spots today. Seemed to work ok.

Anybody that's been using them, what settings have you been using? Specifically the Delay and Sensitivity?

6. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    instant and high. but i'm trying to smoke a set of alk batts to see how long it takes and how many pics i get out of it. so far it's smoking the heck out of them. next set will get a nicer setting. i've got it setup at the house so no prob.

7. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

So explain the plan to me. You buy a camera and specify if it's for Verizon or AT&T? Do they put the SIM card in for you and you just pay Spypoint a monthly fee?

8. mykizha

mykizha Spike

Aug 19, 2018
    Hamilton
    They're like buying phone. You buy a Verizon or at&t version camera. They only work with the specific provider written on the box.

9. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Sure, I understand that part. But when I buy a phone I have to buy a plan with a carrier.
    I should say I buy mainly unlocked phones so I have to buy the SIM from a carrier and I setup the plan directly with the carrier. It sounds like with these cameras you setup the plan through Spypoint.

10. mykizha

mykizha Spike

Aug 19, 2018
    Hamilton

Yes, just buy the camera with the service carrier (best cell signal in your area) you want. You do everything through spypoint app. First 30 days free, then you buy a plan through the app.

11. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

That sounds a lot simpler than it used to be. I may have to try it about mid October to see how that free month does during the rut.

12. woodsman92

woodsman92 Spike

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    the way I understand it you dont have to buy the same carrier camera as your phone, you buy what gets best reception in the area you will be using the camera. like stated it has its own sim so it works independitly. That would be like saying I cant call you from my bluegrass phone just because your carrier is AT&T.
    And if you can stay under 100 pics a month it dont even require a plan, they do that for free. But if you want to recieve more than 100 a month then you pay for the plan that suites you

13. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
  14. mykizha

mykizha Spike

Aug 19, 2018
    Hamilton
    Exactly, I have a sprint phone, but sprint is useless at the farm. I bought a verizon camera because they have good signal there.

15. mykizha

mykizha Spike

Aug 19, 2018
    Hamilton
    I paid $119 at cabelas.