Spring Squirrel Season

Gun7alk

6 pointer
Oct 30, 2013
Anybody going after them this weekend?

I'll be frog gigging at night and then getting up early and walking the woods. Hopefully the weather will change and the rain will miss us.

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
Anybody going after them this weekend?

I'll be frog gigging at night and then getting up early and walking the woods. Hopefully the weather will change and the rain will miss us.
Same plan here. If the rain would quit by about 5am that would be perfect for the froggin and the squirrels. I love when they jump on a wet branch and give their selves away from the little shower they cause

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
For the first time in at least 40 years, I won't be gigging opening weekend.... One of my neieces graduates Friday night, and my daughter Saturday. I guess we'll go next weekend. Hopefully all of our hot spots won't get violated. I also will be reduced to watching this year, having had the hernia surgery last Wednesday. My dad will be on the gig, and my nephew will be packing the frog stringers.

Gun7alk

6 pointer
Oct 30, 2013
Same plan here. If the rain would quit by about 5am that would be perfect for the froggin and the squirrels. I love when they jump on a wet branch and give their selves away from the little shower they cause

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Im alright with a little rain for the squirrels but in my experience when it's wet a lot of the frogs stay 3-4 foot up on the bank in the grass instead of right on the edge of the pond.

I'll be out there regardless of weather, it'll be a good time either way. Good luck to everybody going.

And capttrae, spring squirrel is in from May 21- June 17. Frog is May 20- Oct 31st.

KYT

8 pointer
May 3, 2008
Eastern Ky.
I've never learned how to hunt them in the spring. i know they hit mulberry in june, but i've never found many mulberry trees in the woods. the few times i've hunting in the spring the squirrels killed were at some unlucky spot i passed by. They seemed scattered all over.

Latest posts