Special Turkey South Dakota (posting this for TURKEYFAN)

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by greenhead1983, Feb 28, 2011.

1. greenhead1983

greenhead1983 6 pointer

Sep 12, 2007
    horse county
    [FONT=&quot]Special Turkey South Dakota[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I would just like to show you a bird that I was fortunate enough to harvest last year in SD. After making the shot I could not wait to put my hands on it. As soon as I did, I made my mind up that I was going to get it mounted. The taxidermist come up with the scheme of the mount and entered it in the taxidermy contest this past weekend in Nashville. The Taxidermist that did the work won the WASCO award at the convention this past weekend. I am so please now it turned out from start to finish. The work was done by Fullfan Taxidermy in Lexington KY. A biologist at the NWTF convention told me it was one in three hundred thousand. Now I am even more stoked after finding that out.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Oh by the way I was talking to the outfitter last week and he said that he has seen a few more birds almost just like the one above. I told just to keep a lid on their whereabouts until I get up their this spring.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][​IMG]
    [/FONT]

2. willy09

willy09 Banned

Oct 15, 2009
    Whats the scripture say on the plaque?

3. turkeyfan

turkeyfan 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2004
    Richmond, KY
  4. JPARKER

JPARKER 6 pointer

Jun 11, 2003
    LONDON, KY.
    One of the coolist i have seen.

5. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

Hmm... I think I got to see this bird shortly after it was killed! That is one of the coolest turkey mounts I've ever seen.

6. turkeyfan

turkeyfan 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2004
    Richmond, KY
    Skin dog you are correct.

7. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    That is a really nice mount. Is that bird a hybird?? Could it be a rio and merrian cross??