Special Gift From LBL

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by dirthole, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    Use the grunt tube, add a note and leave it for someone else and tell them to continue the chain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2. mchunter

mchunter 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2005
    Marshall County, Kentucky
    I just read this thread for the first time and I can't believe my eyes. I just started a new job a couple weeks ago and one of my coworkers is an avid bowhunter that hunts lbl almost exclusively. Last week we were talking about strange things we had seen or ran across in lbl and he told me that a few weeks ago he came across a grunt tube and a note in a bag tied to a tree. He quoted the note almost word for word as the note you found! He said after he read the note he put everything back the way he found it because ha had already been blessed with a really nice buck this year and wanted someone else to have the luck. I don't know the guy very well and was t sure if he was full of you know what or he was actually telling the truth. Now I know. Thanks for sharing!!

3. Matthews

Matthews 6 pointer

Aug 8, 2011
    Maybe those OOS hunters aren't so bad after all huh?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I think I'd find a new tree. Sounds like this one gets way too much hunting pressure!

5. dirthole

dirthole 8 pointer

Feb 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    That's neat ,thanks for sharing that story with me.You should show this forum to that man and let him see the pics of the note and grunt tube.