Spartan Hunting Preserve-Boar Hunt

baknblack

12 pointer
Jan 30, 2014
Henry County
I watched a video on YouTube today of a guy making bacon out of a 200 lb wild hog. He used the hams and got himself 100 lb of some pretty good looking bacon.

tbrothers

6 pointer
Aug 29, 2011
Cecilia
How did your hunt go?
26EF88F6-0B69-44B3-919E-EC18856842D1.jpeg
A13EE069-8606-4397-8FC7-E69E33394E54.jpeg

The hunt was fun. I took my wife and little man with me. He really had a good time seeing all the hogs and other animals. The hog that I got weighed 651 lbs. While we were hunting there were other hunters that killed hogs over 800 lbs. I will say that the area that I hunted was not very big. Maybe 50 acres fenced in. But I think they have multiple areas they hunt. It all depends on what you are looking for. We hunted for about 2.5 hours in the box blind and saw 30 or more hogs. Most of them were 300 to 400 lbs. Then the guide came and got us out of the blind and we so called slow stalked the one I killed. All in all it was a fun trip but I really don’t consider it hunting. If I was to do it again I would take my bow. I think that would give it more of a sporting chance. I will say the lodge and the food they cooked was really nice. If someone has the money you will have a nice trophy but it is not cheap that’s for sure.

bigredhunter

6 pointer
Jan 30, 2012
Boyle County
View attachment 84842 View attachment 84843
The hunt was fun. I took my wife and little man with me. He really had a good time seeing all the hogs and other animals. The hog that I got weighed 651 lbs. While we were hunting there were other hunters that killed hogs over 800 lbs. I will say that the area that I hunted was not very big. Maybe 50 acres fenced in. But I think they have multiple areas they hunt. It all depends on what you are looking for. We hunted for about 2.5 hours in the box blind and saw 30 or more hogs. Most of them were 300 to 400 lbs. Then the guide came and got us out of the blind and we so called slow stalked the one I killed. All in all it was a fun trip but I really don’t consider it hunting. If I was to do it again I would take my bow. I think that would give it more of a sporting chance. I will say the lodge and the food they cooked was really nice. If someone has the money you will have a nice trophy but it is not cheap that’s for sure.
Congrats on the nice hog, and thank you for the details.

Latest posts