Southern ohio monster walking

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Junglekat, Nov 25, 2013.

1. GetABow

GetABow Fawn

Nov 27, 2013
    J-Town
    I'd say Stan Potts, Lee & Tiffany and the rest of the TV jerks are already in Ohio trying to kill it.

2. reaper159

reaper159 Fawn

Jul 24, 2013
    kentucky
    Yeah....I'll admit I'm hooked like a bass on a treble hook on the thread on AT. I just can't stop looking at it to see updates. I personally think it'll dethrone the Hanson buck....and with a bow to boot would be AWESOME!. I'll post a side by side view like the one I posted on AT for you fellows to weigh in.

3. reaper159

reaper159 Fawn

Jul 24, 2013
    kentucky
    Here ya go...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

4. dcryder

dcryder Spike

Nov 17, 2011
    eastern ky
    Dang, it would be close. Deductions may hurt Ohio monster. The last circumference the Ohio buck will not get credit for is a shame. I think if a buck has a G 10 then it should get scored for all circumferences.

I'll bet Milo is sweating.

5. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    I may be wrong but I don't think Milo gives a crap about it....just from the couple articles I have read about him

6. bubba22

bubba22 6 pointer

Sep 4, 2012
    marion co
    I sure would like to see him get killed to find out the score. If it wasn't for all the sticker points I think he would be close to Milo's record

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

7. reaper159

reaper159 Fawn

Jul 24, 2013
    kentucky
    Stickers won't hurt the score....they'll just cancel each other out. The symmetry from side to side is where typical deductions are and there aren't many on the Ohio buck. It looks wider, has more mass, and tine length.

8. nateb440

nateb440 8 pointer

Nov 8, 2011
    I could be wrong but I don't think stickers cancel each other out. They add to the gross score but are subtracted along with asymmetry to form the net. At least that's what I thought.

9. reaper159

reaper159 Fawn

Jul 24, 2013
    kentucky
    Yeah I think your right....I was having a brain fart. Confusing stuff isn't it.

10. dcryder

dcryder Spike

Nov 17, 2011
    eastern ky
    I think they are not even included in gross score. They are measured as abnormal points on typicals. Then after symmetrical deductions are made they subtract the abnormal measurements. Typicals are supposed to be clean (in B&C eyes).

11. Orange army getting close or a hot doe.Better get it done quick on this beast

12. forddeerslayer

forddeerslayer 12 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    greenup/lewis co
    Thanks for posting. All I gotta say is I hope he is killed by legal means. Just to have trail cam pics of a buck like that is incredible.

13. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    Looks like AT site crashed??? Did the OP kill it and overload the site????lol

Edit....never mind its back

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  14. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    You are correct.

15. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    Nice Buck. A world Record could come from dozens of states, even states that have bad genetics that are not known for big Bucks. Sometimes Bucks just have growth disorders that cause their antlers to grow continuously. A lot of Bucks that have 20 or more points often have growth disorders that cause their antlers to get much larger than they normally would. So a world record could come from a lot of places not just the well known big Buck states like Ohio.