Son’s deer rifle: Scope Recommendations

hardtimes

6 pointer
Jul 10, 2008
Mt. Washington
I’m looking to get a scope for my sons Remington bolt action .243. The scope that came with it in the combo package is not very good. I haven’t been able to find a brand name on the scope. He is (9) years old and I am curious what others on here have for their kids. I’m looking for good eye relief as well.
Thanks.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
They're cheap but we've had good luck with Bushnell Trophy scopes 3-9x40. We have higher end scopes on the guns we shoot the most but haven't had any problems at all with the Bushnell's over several years of use.

redlickranch

10 pointer
Dec 11, 2007
Bullitt County
I put a Leupold 3x9x50 on my daughters TC Compass 243. Great field of view and super clear.

TCScope.PNG

Last edited:

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
I’m looking to get a scope for my sons Remington bolt action .243. The scope that came with it in the combo package is not very good. I haven’t been able to find a brand name on the scope. He is (9) years old and I am curious what others on here have for their kids. I’m looking for good eye relief as well.
Thanks.
Leupold. The 2-8x36 is a great scope that doesn't add much weight. Thats all you need unless your 9 yr olds shots are 400-500 yds.
Also Meopta (meopro 3x9-40) it's what I put on my sons rifles. Very good glass. Meopta made the Zeiss Conquest, plus they're not made in the Phillipines like most of the scopes on the market.

Last edited:

Grago

12 pointer
Dec 13, 2016
Im looking for one myself, i have jad some of the upper end one, i really didnt care all that much for, i have always liked Nikon, but since they quit making scopes, im done with them, i however want a lighted reticle, preferably a very small lighted dot. I would try to find someone with a lifetime warranty, someone that dont require a reciept, for proof of purchase, that is just a loophole to not fix it. Im kinda looking at he low end sigs right now, but havent made up my.mind on anything, if i cant find anything that suits me i will just go with a 3x9x50 tasco, suppose to be junk, but i have never had a problem with one, thats just me.

ptbrauch

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2004
The OC
For years I avoided them, thinking they were just marketing hype. But then I saw one that was a good deal and went for it. Now I'm looking to replace several Nikons I have with Leupolds. Go with a Leupold and never look back.

childersb24

8 pointer
Mar 25, 2010
I just bought my second vortex scope and love them both. Iv thought about throwing my Nikon products away.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
I bought a vortex crossfire 2x7 has the best eye relief of any scope I've ever had and super clear. $129.00 you can get the ballestic retical of just regular I like the regular one, it's great up close and at 7 power it's plenty, plus the warranty is great

rcb216

12 pointer
Sep 25, 2005
Robertson Co.
From optics thoughts websight

Vortex The company itself is based in Wisconsin, but the riflescopes they market are manufactured overseas: Japan, Phillipines or China, depending on the product line. At the moment there are four distinct riflescope product lines marketed by Vortex: least expensive are Chinese-made Crossfire scopes.

Buy American buy Leopold

Latest posts