Someone just punch Nancy Pelosi

Discussion in 'Politics' started by east_ky_hunter, Mar 23, 2020.

1. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I don't think the facts agree with you.

Honestly, the country does the best when the politicians are in grid lock and neither side is allowed to do something stupid.

2. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    I will agree to disagree. I am middle class...I think at least.... My field has been awesome (software development) and my 401k was doing great under current Administration.

But I guess that's what makes this country great. If we didn't have this disagreement, our country would be more of a dictatorship.

drakeshooter and Lady Hunter like this.
  3. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Currently:

"Workers in most states are eligible for up to 26 weeks of benefits from the regular state-funded unemployment compensation program, although ten states provide fewer weeks and one provides more.

UPDATED
    MARCH 23, 2020
    The federal-state unemployment insurance (UI) system helps many people who have lost their jobs by temporarily replacing part of their wages. Under certain circumstances, unemployed workers who exhaust their regular state-funded unemployment benefits before they can find work can receive additional weeks of benefits. The federally funded temporary Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) program expired at the end of 2013, however, and no state currently qualifies to offer more weeks under the permanent Extended Benefits (EB) program..."

What's the sudden problem with that? I do not see one, myself.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  4. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

Your 401(k) / IRA was doing great (like mine), until it wasn’t. You can’t give Trump credit for the gains and a pass on the losses.

His failure to act / lead originally ... AND ... his continued refusal to accept the scientific reality of the crisis has the markets uneasy and unconfident in his ability to lead when challenged with a real threat to America.

5. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Oh....yeah I remember, it was when Conservative Republicans took over Congress and the Senate for the first time since the 1940s and started passing a Conservative agenda. Newt Gingrich started the "Contract with America" and Bubba Clinton was smart enough to run to the middle and vote with them.......you are right , it did work. As far as the Obama economy goes, you must have been in a coma for 8 years.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Winchester94 likes this.
  6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    It's all Pelosi playing politics. From the start BOTH Senate and House members held meetings TOGETHER working out a bill plus they each had their own bills in each House. Everybody KNEW what was in each bill. This is normal for any bill. Once each bill passed then BOTH Houses would work together and iron out the difference and make another vote on the new bill.

The House passed a bill with BOTH Democrats and Republicans voting FOR it and send it to the Senate.

Then just like that Pelosi SEND the House HOME. There are just a handful of House members still in Washington.

You all remember seeing on the news that the Senate were working on their bill as well as the House bill and it was good news that they were working together to come up with a compromise. Speaker of the House Pelosi had a meeting with the leaders of the Senate and after the meeting she made remarks about the House coming up with another bill. A couple HOURS later the Democrats in the Senate ALL VOTED AGAINST THE BILL.

Guess what?? The House CANNOT come up with another bill at all. Remember Pelosi SEND THE HOUSE HOME. If they are not in Washington they CANNOT vote. She KNEW what she was doing when she send them all home BEFORE the meeting with the Senate leaders.

Pelosi and ALL the democrats that take ORDERS from her don't give a **** about the American people, the virus and the US economy. All they want is to beat Trump and take power.

7. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    You're one of the fools I was referring to, even before you admitted that shit, though.

8. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Last week I posted that the rats had put more abortion funding in a bill proposed at that time. That should tell you all you need to know.

9. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Someone said Trump didn't do anything or was late on other things. But I guess he cannot back it up.

Here the timeline.

January 6: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a travel notice for Wuhan, China due to the spreading coronavirus.
    January 17: The CDC began implementing public health entry screening at the 3 U.S. airports that received the most travelers from Wuhan — San Francisco, New York JFK, and Los Angeles.
    January 20: Dr. [Anthony] Fauci announces the National Institutes of Health is already working on the development of a vaccine for the coronavirus.
    January 23: The CDC sought a "special emergency authorization" from the FDA to allow states to use its newly developed coronavirus test.
    January 31: The Trump administration: Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency. Announced Chinese travel restrictions. Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.
    February 6: The CDC began shipping CDC-Developed test kits for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus to U.S. and international labs.
    February 9: The White House Coronavirus Task Force briefed governors from across the nation at the National Governors' Association Meeting in Washington.
    February 24: The Trump Administration sent a letter to Congress requesting at least $2.5 billion to help combat the spread of the coronavirus.
    February 29: The Trump Administration: Announced a level 4 travel advisory to areas of Italy and South Korea. Barred all travel to Iran. Barred the entry of foreign citizens who visited Iran in the last 14 days.
    March 4: The Trump Administration announced the purchase of approximately 500 million N95 respirators over the next 18 months to respond to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.
    March 6: President Trump signed an $8.3 billion bill to fight the coronavirus outbreak.
    March 11: President Trump: Announced travel restrictions on foreigners who had visited Europe in the last 14 days.
    March 13: President Trump declared a national emergency in order to access $42 billion in existing funds to combat the coronavirus.
    March 18: President Trump announced: Temporary closure of the U.S.-Canada border to non-essential traffic. Plans to invoke the Defense Production Act in order to increase the number of necessary supplies needed to combat coronavirus. FEMA has been activated in every region at its highest level of response. The U.S. Navy will deploy USNS Comfort and USNS Mercy hospital ships. All foreclosures and evictions will be suspended for a period of time.
    March 18: HHS temporarily suspended a regulation that prevents doctors from practicing across state lines.January 6: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a travel notice for Wuhan, China due to the spreading coronavirus.
    January 17: The CDC began implementing public health entry screening at the 3 U.S. airports that received the most travelers from Wuhan — San Francisco, New York JFK, and Los Angeles.
    January 20: Dr. [Anthony] Fauci announces the National Institutes of Health is already working on the development of a vaccine for the coronavirus.
    January 23: The CDC sought a "special emergency authorization" from the FDA to allow states to use its newly developed coronavirus test.
    January 31: The Trump administration: Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency. Announced Chinese travel restrictions. Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.
    February 6: The CDC began shipping CDC-Developed test kits for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus to U.S. and international labs.
    February 9: The White House Coronavirus Task Force briefed governors from across the nation at the National Governors' Association Meeting in Washington.
    February 24: The Trump Administration sent a letter to Congress requesting at least $2.5 billion to help combat the spread of the coronavirus.
    February 29: The Trump Administration: Announced a level 4 travel advisory to areas of Italy and South Korea. Barred all travel to Iran. Barred the entry of foreign citizens who visited Iran in the last 14 days.
    March 4: The Trump Administration announced the purchase of approximately 500 million N95 respirators over the next 18 months to respond to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.
    March 6: President Trump signed an $8.3 billion bill to fight the coronavirus outbreak.
    March 11: President Trump: Announced travel restrictions on foreigners who had visited Europe in the last 14 days.
    March 13: President Trump declared a national emergency in order to access $42 billion in existing funds to combat the coronavirus.
    March 18: President Trump announced: Temporary closure of the U.S.-Canada border to non-essential traffic. Plans to invoke the Defense Production Act in order to increase the number of necessary supplies needed to combat coronavirus. FEMA has been activated in every region at its highest level of response. The U.S. Navy will deploy USNS Comfort and USNS Mercy hospital ships. All foreclosures and evictions will be suspended for a period of time.
    March 18: HHS temporarily suspended a regulation that prevents doctors from practicing across state lines.

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  10. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

So you were singing Trumps praises until the Corona virus hit?

KYote-Krusher and Winchester94 like this.
  11. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    It's obvious that (supposed to be) trusted elected officials, on both sides of the aisle, are using the situation to their own gain. The created panic situation is a bonafide Marxist tactic employed in the past abroad, recognizable to anyone who knows/understands history. I do not trust our current president with regards to this matter, and especially his far left liberal offspring peddling all behind the scenes, being that he is being grossly influenced by them and leaning left in reality.

12. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    No,....... it's ILBS,... a natural innate disease otherwise known as Intolerance to Liberal BullSh!t Syndrome.........nothing you can do about it,....I was born with it too :(.

Other signs and symptoms are ,..a great work ethic,...a strong sense of America 1st,...an affinity for the 2nd amendment,.....an allergy to over taxation,...overall self reliance and independence,...Hhhmmmm....I'm sure I'm missing several but you get my point :) :rolleyes:,.......oh yeah,...and an utterly clear understanding that there is know way to be a Demokrat and a gun owner at the same time,.....;).

13. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman 6 pointer

Dec 20, 2003
    Caneyville, Ky, USA.
    I hope I live to see the day Pelosi and Schiff leave this world!

KYote-Krusher and riverboss like this.