Someone give me there opinion

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by millerhunter, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    If he was a good friend, he showed his lack of respect. Its just a deer, but it shows his bad character. I would let a close friend hunt but not just any "friend". My farm doesn't see many bucks except rut. My rule is no little bucks. Anything ear width or tall is personal choice. Letting my neighbors 12 y/o hunt now, I told him shoot anything he wanted doe spike or a booner. Kids first deer, I don't care what size the rack is. I only have 25 acres. I mainly hunt a buddies property that's 35 acres but tons of deer. He always has at least 1 shooter on camera and several new ones show up. I can shoot any deer I want as long as its not a basket rack. If he's got a particular deer he's hunting I will not shoot it. He gives me permission too, but I respect he lets me hunt and I'm happy enough I'd let his target go. Unless he's tagged out.

2. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    That is a wacked up set of rules. Most will say nothing under 120, but you say only scab heads. But in reading 3 pages what bothered me the most your guess policy, it is guest. You had a guest, I guess the wrong one.

3. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

I would like to see a pic of the deer in question. Trail cam, or harvest pic will work.

4. A.K.A. GROUSEGUNNER

A.K.A. GROUSEGUNNER 8 pointer

Dec 6, 2004
    Bringing a friend along to hunt with you, then asking them to not shoot a mature deer isn't being much of a friend yourself. You should have been excited for him, not begrudging. That's just a horrible attitude to have about hunting, period. What you got was a good dose of karma. As others have said,You should just hunt alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. millerhunter

millerhunter 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2009
    I don't any on my phone but when I get home tonight I'll post a cam pic. No harvest pic of course. Better yet I have a pic of him from a camera I took my self between oct black powder and gun season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Got into stand this morning at 6 snow on cold and windy.Sit till 5 about froze out hungry and seen no Deer.
    My son went out with me he came in at noon my wife said,he seen a 6pt chasing a Doe a Doe and a yearling and a Button Buck.Wife said he went back out at 2.He is still out.

7. JKLMcClure

JKLMcClure 6 pointer

Jun 3, 2012
    You can't invite someone to hunt your property, and tell them what they can and can't shoot if you aren't going to be sitting with them. We invite people to hunt our farm occasionally, some kill little bucks, some kill does, and we've had a few monsters killed by guest. You have to understand that there is a chance this could happen. I don't agree with him not thanking you, but as for a sorry, I don't think he should have to apologize for killing a deer. This is just my opinion, and you ask for it, but I think if you don't want people killing the mature bucks on your farm, don't invite them.

8. ratamahatta

ratamahatta 6 pointer

Jan 17, 2010
    Kain-tuck-ee
    Mountain men didn't act like this.

9. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Lets look at it this way...

Your buddy installs a new hot tub and invites you over to test it out with his extra hot girl friend and her three homely sisters while he is out of town. He tells you they all get a little crazy and always rip their close off after the first drink and get extra frisky. He tells you the three homely sisters are fair game and you can have at them but stay away from his extra hot girl friend. You agree and the rest is history. You get his girl friend pregnant and you lose a friend over the whole thing......Moral of the story is don't put someone in a situation and ask them to do something that's hard to resist and then act surprised that it happened. Don't put your buddy in the hot tub with your naked horny girlfriend.

10. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    I would say if this is the way you feel about friends you invite to hunt your place you should hunt alone . If I invite someone or give them permission they can kill what they wish. I don't have any trouble with trophy hunters everyone should kill what they wish but expecting others to feel the same is where the problems start IMO. You need a big glass of water to swallow that pill with . As for the guy acting rude to you, if indeed it was only him causing the tension I would say he should have thanked you and been a better friend but it goes both ways.

11. Alpha Dodge

Alpha Dodge 6 pointer

Aug 8, 2011
    Hustonville, Ky
    them homely sisters need some lovins too! lol

12. willy09

willy09 Banned

Oct 15, 2009
    Personally I think it's crazy to ask em not to shoot a mature buck or doe, but also a deal is a deal if you said not to shoot it he shouldn't have shot it

13. millerhunter

millerhunter 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2009
    area 7 cam 11.jpg

Here's the deer in Question! Like I stated before Its not the deer he took that made me mad. This is a trail cam pic, Best one of him. The pic does not give this deer eno credit!

14. O'Brien

O'Brien 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2008
    Boone County
    Beast! Live and learn man. Why these guys think it's crazy to ask a guest on your lease or farm to abide by your rules and wishes is beyond me. I would respect and completely understand if someone has put their hard earned money, passion, time, blood, sweat and tears into a farm and asked me to shoot only does or certain animals period. I'd completely understand. I'd be appreciative to be there.....end of story.

15. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

If I put my "hard earned money, passion, time, blood, sweat, and tears" into a farm I would be stupid enough to let some jake leg get in a stand a few hundred yards away and expect him to let a pig walk by.