So you haven't been drawn for an elk tag? Here is your 1 in 200 chance....

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by jeepndeer, Oct 22, 2014.

1. jeepndeer

jeepndeer 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2006
    The QDMA Derby City Branch is raffling off one of the KDFWR Commissioner's Bull Elk Tags for 2015. The actual certificate can be viewed on our web site at http://www.derbycityqdma.com/s/Bull-Elk-Permit.jpg

We are only selling 200 tickets at $100 each, it's a 1 in 20 chance.

Proceeds will fund youth and adult education programs sponsored by KDFWR and the QDMA Derby City Branch. PM for email and phone contact information.

2. jeepndeer

jeepndeer 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2006
    The best I have found out so far this is just like being selected in the statewide lottery, you still have to submit an area you wish to hunt, and buy the appropriate license and tags and all the other statewide regs, this just gives you the right, kind of like the bonus buck tags. If you happen to be out of state, that would be non-resident.

I checked into setting up payment on our web site, problem is due to gaming laws since this is a raffle we have to keep this separate accounts and everything.

3. Rage2

Rage2 6 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    SOMERSET KY
    If your branch was indeed awarded a commissioners bull elk permit , he or she should not have to apply for a hunt unit. Commissioners permit holders have always been able to hunt any unit they choose providing they have permission for that specific area being hunted.. May want to check on this in case they intend to change the rule for 2015 .

4. jeepndeer

jeepndeer 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2006
    Thanks Rage2, I've been trying to find out where the specific details are on the KDFWR site but haven't as of yet. I would be very appreciative if anyone has more official specifics. Digging in more research and will follow up.

5. bigbill30978

bigbill30978 Spike

May 17, 2013
    Warren Michigan
    Interested, where do I send the check?

6. Oletrapper1

Oletrapper1 Spike

Feb 6, 2011
    Ky
    Jeep, Below is what we were told in 2012. Don't know if anything has changed or not. Don't know why they would as there only 10 or so Commission Tags awarded each year. 2012 was our last year for an award. QU dissolved in 2013. Hope this helps. Good luck. OT

Hi everyone,
    I am proud to announce that the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Commission has awarded its second Bull Elk Tag to our N. KY. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited. This tag is for the 2012 Fall Season and again is good in any zone for any legal weapon.

Our QU Chapter is going to raffle this tag as we did with the first one earlier this year. The only thing required is a resident or non-resident hunting license if you should win. All elk permit fees, ($30.00 resident) and ($365.00 non-resident) have been waived.

Tickets are being sold now and all proceeds will be used to further our conservation projects. There will be only 200 tickets sold and they are $100.00 per ticket. You can email or PM me if interested. Also, go to QU's website (www.qu.org) for verification if you would like. We did that so people would know that this is a legitimate project. More information is there and it is currently the 3RD item down on QU's home page. Drawing will be held at Elk Creek Sporting Clays in Owenton, KY. April 28, 2012 at 5:00pm.

Each entrant will be notified by mail of the name, city and state of the winner. The winner will be notified by registered mail.

If you participate in our 2012 fundraiser prior to December 31, 2011, that donation may be deducted on your 2011 tax filing. QU is a 501-C-3 non-profit organization.

Good hunting to all, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 QU aka Oletrapper

7. jeepndeer

jeepndeer 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2006
    Thanks Ole: I'm trying to find out more specifics from the department. Appreciate the feedback, I hope you're right, all the better for our marketing!

8. Oletrapper1

Oletrapper1 Spike

Feb 6, 2011
    Ky
    You need to call Frankfort for verification. I think it is the elk project coordinator. Can't think of her name right off hand. You won't find anything on their website. Good luck. OT

9. jb917

jb917 8 pointer

Oct 21, 2009
    Ewing, KY
    Tina Brunjes

10. jeepndeer

jeepndeer 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2006
    Tina is no longer with the department.

11. jeepndeer

jeepndeer 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2006
    Gabe Jenkins is now the deer/elk program director. I spoke to him yesterday and he did confirm the only thing you have to buy is your hunting license. This Commission permit covers any elk tag fees, etc. You do not have to submit for a specific area, you can hunt anywhere on public land, or private land that you have permission.

Let me know if there are any more questions, and we still have tickets available, they would make a great Christmas gift!