So I called about the ole mans gun today....

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by GrouseAssasin, Aug 28, 2014.

1. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Don't waste your time on anyone less than a mgr. Otherwise people can say they never talked to you. Had it happen with Delta Toolbox. Sent her mgr an email that had been sent, got a refund and my part free. I always use email for this reason

2. captain71

captain71 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Western Ky
    You be surprised what they get done when you ask for the mgr.

3. GunCat

GunCat 8 pointer

Jan 26, 2006
    Fairview, KY
    I recently (July) sent in a customer’s 700 for the trigger recall. Total time from leaving my place until getting it back was 30 days.

4. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    I meant to call Tuesday and ream somebody but I get busy at work and forget to call. Ill make a point to do that tomorrow. Was at Kentucky Gun Company in Bardstown Tuesday, they had a rack full of 700's with the X-mark trigger. I asked the guy behind the counter about them and he said all theirs had already been sent in and fixed. Had one identical to my dads.

5. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    My suggestion is to blow their email up. Typically what happens with customer service emails is that they have a certain amount of time to answer an email or change the status or they get dinged on their metrics. This affects their measurable objectives which can impact their raises or bonuses depending on their set up.

And they have to answer every email no matter how stupid or important it is in the grand scheme of things. You can always say that you don't want an email response but rather a member of management to contact you concerning your issue. They love when they have to call people instead of getting to fire off a form letter response. Lol.

6. OldEarnhardtFan

OldEarnhardtFan 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2014
    Northeast of Berea
    This is underhanded and devious to say the least......I love it!!!

7. 30-30

30-30 8 pointer

Aug 26, 2011
    Remington has got to big for its own britches,

8. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    Just got of the phone with Remington again, got the same "it's on the rack awaiting repair, minimum twelve weeks". I told the lady that I had been told this same crap 14 days ago. I told her i'd like to talk to someone a little higher up about possibly refunding the purchase price, or speeding up the process or something. It's not this lady's fault the guns were recalled, not her fault its taking so long and I'm sure she's getting a ton of pissed off calls so I was very polite with her untill she refused to give me the phone number or email of her boss. I kinda went off a little, but the whole time this woman acted like she couldnt care less about this situation. She just kept muttering things like there were a lot of rifles affected and they just want to make sure theyre safe and its going to take a while. I asked her how she would feel if she bought a new car, drove it home then the dealer called wanting her to bring it back in for a tire pressure adjustment AND KEPT IT SIX MONTHS. (Silence).....there were a a lot of guns involved in this sir. She took my name and phone number, her supervisor is supposed to call me back this evening but I'm not holding my breath.

When I get to my computer this evening I'm going to start blasting off emails and see where that gets me. Offers still on the table for dad to use my 73 year old Mosin hahahaha.

9. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    I would have demanded her boss' s info

10. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    No need in that scope missin out on this years season so send it to me i will break it in real good lol. I really hate to read this hope he gets it back in time.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

11. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    Should I send the rings/bases, both boxes of ammo, and the sling or just the scope? ;)

12. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    Texted Dad the phone number to the repair facility and he called today, they promised his gun back by Oct. 1st. He wasn't nearly as nice as I've been....:eagerness: I bet the poor supervisor he talked to (yelled, cussed, threatened, cussed some more) will have to sit on a cushion for the next couple days after the reaming he got. Dad said he was trying to be nice about it and the "supervisor" got smart with him.....oh he shouldn't have done that.

13. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    I love all my guns and not saying my Rugers are the best but their service is easily the best...bar none!

14. mwezell

mwezell 12 pointer

Jan 22, 2006
    Auburn, KY
    They had better have, as they won't sell most parts, even to a licensed gunsmith. Many parts that need no fitting at all are restricted to factory repair only.

15. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    From what I understand the supervisor gave dad the same "minimum 12 week" BS that I got. Dad said well that's fine send my money back and ill go buy the Ruger I started to buy. The supervisor made some kind of smartass comment and that's when dad came unglued. Turned a 12 week minimum into around 15 days.