So far, so good.... just a couple weeks left..

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by B Hicks, Aug 21, 2011.

1. B Hicks

B Hicks 12 pointer

Sep 29, 2006
    Lancaster, KY
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  2. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    If I were in your shoes, this would be the buck I'd be shooting for. I love this deer.

You might want to sweeten up the mess hall a little with some apples. :)

3. B Hicks

B Hicks 12 pointer

Sep 29, 2006
    Lancaster, KY
    Been thinking about it,,, but I'm afraid I'll jinx it... Good to see him still showing mornings and evenings...

4. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    looks like he will be hard antlered by season. Glad everything is still on track with all the changes. Catch any fish?

5. forddeerslayer

forddeerslayer 12 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    greenup/lewis co
    i cant wait to see him with the velvet gone. i couldnt imagine being in your shoes.

6. CRFoster68

CRFoster68 8 pointer

Jan 7, 2009
    Fort Thomas
    After seeing your trail cam pics, I think I'll just quit checking mine.

7. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Barry do you have any night pics of these? I'm curious of how they reacted to the IR glow of the Moultrie M-80. They run like they have been shot from a canon were I hunt in Amishville.

8. B Hicks

B Hicks 12 pointer

Sep 29, 2006
    Lancaster, KY
    Yes, getting a few night pics of them... Does not seem to bother them...

9. MAKEemQUIVER

MAKEemQUIVER 10 pointer

Mar 19, 2009
    Like everyone else I will be cheering you on come opeing morning. Do you feel confident about getting in your stand without bumping him? I know anything can happen but I was just wandering, good luck I sure hope to see some pics of you holding his head up.

10. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    All I can say is " If you kill that buck opening morning,you better post up them pics quick "
    cause I think a bunch of us is going to be in the tree with you in spirit.You are going to be
    a mighty nervous man on the morning of Sept 3rd...............make that shot count and dont aim at the rack.

11. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    Do you already have a stand up in that location? Is your prevailing wind pretty good compared to what direction he comes from?

12. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    If no one else is hunting at this spot, I would suggest skipping the morning hunt. Chances of bumping him off of the corn are too high. Wait for an afternoon when the wind is right. You may only get one chance at a buck of that caliber, make sure everything is in your favor. There is a reason that most mature bucks are shot in the afternoon during the early season. IMHO Good luck, he's a great buck.

13. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    Great advice. Good luck Barry!

14. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    I agree, BH. I'll be rooting for you to whack that biggun too, unless, of course, I manage to find out the location of your Honey Holes and get permission to hunt there myself. In which case, I'll be rooting for you to recover fully (and hopefully with no discernible future limp) after I send my boys in to kneecap you on September 2nd. :)

Signed.

Your Good Friend,

Buckfever

p.s. Rils gave some good advice, but I reckon he forgot you weren't no part-timer on his first rodeo when it comes to hunting them early season bucks. See ya in December.