Snow Shoveling...Your Approach

trust me

Troubled Loner
Nov 27, 2004
Jerkwater, KY
So I've just shoveled a couple of driveways, and everybody was saying, "Why bother, it's just going to snow more." Well, using that logic, we'll never mow grass in the summer cause it's just going to grow back.

I'd personally rather shovel 8 inches twice, than have to shovel 16 inches once. And it's my sweat and effort anyway, not theirs.

What say you?

Heck of a storm here. 12" and more coming.

dpowers

6 pointer
Jun 26, 2009
Shelbyville
I would probably shovel at 4-5 inches than 8. I use a snow blower, had a long driveway when I lived in Indy and was tired off shoveling. I did not sell it when I moved down here neighbors laughed when I moved in with it and when we get a big snow for some reason they don't look happy..
Dave

KYBH4Life

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Hop on tractor, drop grader box, push. Had every intention of my son doing it as I wanted him to know the value of hard work. I was walking around the court doing driveways when I was ten, he is 11. But I looked at the depth and saw it wasn't stopping so I will take care of it. I am waiting for it to stop

Wildcat

12 pointer
Jan 7, 2002
Ledbetter, Ky.
So I've just shoveled a couple of driveways, and everybody was saying, "Why bother, it's just going to snow more." Well, using that logic, we'll never mow grass in the summer cause it's just going to grow back.

I'd personally rather shovel 8 inches twice, than have to shovel 16 inches once. And it's my sweat and effort anyway, not theirs.

What say you?

Heck of a storm here. 12" and more coming.

That's what I do. In fact I got several texts from my neighbor asking why I was shoveling while it was still coming down hard. Ever after getting the top earlier it;'s still deep for tomorrow. After tomorrow that same snow will be hard and almost impossible to shovel.

stevenvalleyagain

10 pointer
Aug 15, 2005
Valley station
I say with snow this light and dry, fire up the backpack blower and blow it off the driveway and sidewalk like I did. Works good in this type of snow but not the typical heavy wet snow we usually get.

WaterDog88

12 pointer
Jul 28, 2008
Kentucky
Went home after lunch and hit the drive about every hour and a half. Letting up in g-town now. Measured 10 inches in my yard.

KYBH4Life

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
My method is as follows...don't own a snow shovel. Let it sit until it warms up. Seems to work well at getting rid of all the snow with minimum effort.
I have been a fan of that method as well. Hard to believe it hasn't caught on more. I know the plow guys are making a killing at $100/hr

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I usually just wait for the melt but doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jblack1

12 pointer
Dec 13, 2005
The END!!!!
12 yr old stepson, just looking for a reason to get outside, he was actually looking for the snow shovel but couldn't find it, that's ok though, I found it for him:highly_amused:

willy09

Banned
Oct 15, 2009
I live up the head of the holler with no neighbors in sight and a 4x4 I didn't shovel any today. Might make a path for my wife tomorrow but doubt it lol

Latest posts