Smoked large male!!

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by XFORCE, Aug 4, 2011.

1. XFORCE

XFORCE 8 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    With a busy work schedule for last couple of months yote hunting had came to a halt. Even checking Kentucky Hunting had almost become extinct. Finally was able to do a quick scan through the varmit section the other day and seen where C. Mattingly had been laying the smack down lately and some inspiration came to me and I told myself to call my huntin buddy and get out to the new farm I had obtained permission to hunt on. Well Tuesday evening we gathered our gear and headed to the unseen farm in Paris Ky. We arrived around 7:30 that evening and we unload the Bad Boy Buggy and headed off to our many guesses to where to set the first stand. With shadows falling over the recently cut fields and high hopes of another yote to add to the count we made our decision. I put out my FX3 and my decoys Wiley the Coyote and Jack the Attack Decoy by FoxPro. I started off with about 30 seconds of coyote pup distress then went straight into the ever so popular jack rabbitt distress. Within 45 seconds I had two large yotes blazing a trail across the field. I settled the crosshairs on the second yote and gave a loud mouth kiss as he slowed to a trot and I squeezed the trigger. The yote dance followed as he began spinning and flipping around. I quickly tracked down the lead yote and started getting ready to attempt to take him as well. Out of the corner of my eye the first yote was back on his feet and heading towards the opposite corner of the field. I spun back to him and finally got him in my scope as he was hauling some serious tail. I squeezed off my second round causing him to tumble several times to a fatal ending. My buddy and I were pumped up. We are ready to start dropping them again. That was number 22 this year and i'm pumped as ever and going to hit it again soon. He weighed 41lbs and was a 3 to 4 years old I would guess.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  2. Yote59

Yote59 6 pointer

Jul 15, 2011
    South Central KY
    Nice job.....great looking yote. What caliber are you shooting?

3. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    Nice coyote, good story. Good hunting at ya!

4. XFORCE

XFORCE 8 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    I shoot a Remington 700 SPS 22-250. It has been an awesome gun. Always accurate. Never killed so many yotes.

5. cityslicker

cityslicker 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2010
    Hart county
    Way to go XFORCE! I hear ya with the busy work schedule, I've worked all but about 3 weekends this year. I've been yote hunting only once this summer and called in a double, but my partner missed:( I'm going out solo this Sunday.

6. Cmattingly

Cmattingly 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2008
    nichlosville ky.
    Man were have you been.I bet the yotes in your area were glad you were taking a break.LOL.Glad to see your back after them.Keep the pics coming.and lets hook up this fall and give them a try.