Smith and Wesson Handgun

raidergson

10 pointer
Dec 10, 2010
Garrard County
I remember when they first came out, and a lgs had them floor to ceiling, selling them like hot cakes. A Smith and that affordable, can’t go wrong? Smith lost a lot of credibility on these as the firing system design was a bust as it tried to legally mimic a Glock, and get on the springer/ polymer wagon with sub par engineering. At that time, however, several companies fell into this pit. I hear that newer ones are a lot better, and quite frankly, better than nothing. Smith redeemed itself with the more refined M&P series we all now know.

dirtstalker

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2009
Clay County
I've gotta sd40ve. Trigger heavy as a brick. But it's a tough gun. It's became my offroad / sxs pistol..it's sees a rough life. But it cleans up easy and just keeps eating everything I feed thru it

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
Which Smith and Wesson handgun was criticized for looking near exact to the Glock?
Glocks look like refined Hi-Points to me. The SDVE Smiths look better than the Glocks even though I think they’re ugly too. The M&P’s and Sigs are much better looking and functioning pistols.

Mt Pokt

8 pointer
Nov 8, 2018
Campbell County
I have 7 Glocks and wouldn't trade any of them for a striker fired Sig or M&P.
Tens of thousands of rounds and the only mechanical issue was a guide rod in my Gen 2 23.
They may not be pretty, but "form follows function" and they've proven their reliability and function around the globe more so than virtually any other handgun out there. Fact, not opinion.

raidergson

10 pointer
Dec 10, 2010
Garrard County
The Glock 34 with Dawson’s is still one of, if not the most, popular SSP pistol in IDPA. The 19 and 26 have won nationals as well. The M&P and Sig strikers have gained ground, but out of oodles of my pistols, my 34 is still one of my favorites. I promised my son a SSP type for his 13 th BD; he wanted a 19x, and we sighted it in last weekend, very nice I can say.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
SD9 is a tank of a gun. I got one years ago. Put in the trigger kit and had no issues with thousands of rounds. If someone says they had striker issues, I call it hearsay until I meet someone that actually had issues, personally.

Latest posts