Small Gray Type Squirrels??

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by davers, Dec 29, 2019.

1. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    This past 2019 Squirrel Season, the Squirrels I bagged around 60% were these invasive small Squirrels. On "day one", of the season, I saw over 15 in one tree, had my CZ .22 LR but since they were so small and moved so fast; I missed just about everyone; besides even a .22 LR shot tore them up, when I was able to bag one with my .22 LR. Went back to my house and grabbed my .410 and bagged a few. This is when I noticed that these bagged Squirrels were not "young" Squirrels but fully grown Adult Squirrels. Over the season I saw very few normal Gray Squirrels and only saw six Fox Squirrels. I haven't been Squirrel Hunting in over a Month now and in years past, this time of the year was usually very good. I am hoping that these Small Squirrel species will leave my area, but it seem they are on the increase. If this keeps happening I may give-up Squirrel Hunting altogether. I've hunted Squirrels for 54 years now and have never encountered anything like what is happening now. I certainly miss my old Squirrel Hunting woods, I had when I lived and grew-up in Southern Indiana; where 95% of the Squirrels I bagged were Fox Squirrels. I wish all those who are avid Squirrel Hunters, good luck and hope they aren't dealing with these small invasive Squirrels.

2. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

davers,
    no offense intended. I was only wanting a little more info on a fine looking invasive squirrel capture stick. Carry on gentlemen.

davers and barney like this.