Small Game

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by grinder, Aug 16, 2019.

1. grinder

grinder 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    squirrel season open in a few hours, anyone ever plan squirrel hunts with their bows ? I have killed several over the years while tree stand hunting deer, and actually headed out just squirrel hunting many times. Maybe not the best way to fill a freezer, but loads of fun to carry a back quiver full of cheap flu flu’s that you are not afraid to los. I generally use junk, mismatched arrows, and just ad uncut feathers between existing vanes. They won’t go far, and with bright fletching are fairly easy to find. I think a weekend hunt would be a fun get together.

2. grinder

grinder 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    This of course works as a rabbit hunt too.

3. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    I usually carry an old arrow for this, but don’t shoot until I’m ready to come down from my Deer hunt, I get back at those critters than kept me looking around all morning! When I say get back I mean see how high I can make one jump, I don’t get to eat a lot of squirrels, quick little rascals! Someone said the trick is to shoot where you think they will be after the shot is fired!
    Never went out after them exclusively, sounds fun.