Slotted Decoy Bags

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by OUTBACK, Dec 7, 2014.

1. OUTBACK

OUTBACK 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2005
    W. KY
    I'm looking at upgrading my decoys and I want to get slotted bags to help prolong their life. Saw some at Rgoers for decent price, but just curious on anyone's experience with different brands and which ones lasted longer?

2. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    On some of my Avery ones the straps turned to dust. On some they are fine. I have a few off those, gander mtn bags ones, and an FA brand one. They've all held up fine, save the Avery straps. The FA one was darn near yellow and had to be spray painted brown.

3. bmason

bmason 6 pointer

Mar 31, 2006
    I have Roger slotted bags. Good product and good price.

4. patiodadio

patiodadio 8 pointer

Mar 22, 2014
    I have an Avery full body honker slotted bag and so far (second season) it great.

5. 3dguy

3dguy Fawn

Jan 13, 2010
    I bought 2 12 slot duck bags from Higdon decoys and they're awsome. Ive also got a cpl Avery bags but they're not holding up as well.

6. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I have a new one from Gander, It's a Rig Em Right

I have had problems with three guide bags from Avery where the handles and straps fall apart. The strapping has some serious issues!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  7. hccumminssmoke

hccumminssmoke 6 pointer

Jul 24, 2009
    Shelby Co
    got a hardcore when I bought 6 full bodies, its held up nice, but would rather it have a strap. Bought a Banded in the Bargin Cave last spring for $25, xtra large slots, cover top that goes over the decoys and double snaps, its durable and was well worth the money. I'd like to have a couple more.

8. OUTBACK

OUTBACK 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2005
    W. KY
    I'm probably gonna wait until season is out to see what goes on sale.. . .. . Well I say that and then I'll order some tomorrow. :eagerness:

9. Rodge_3210

Rodge_3210 Spike

Aug 5, 2005
    Central, KY
    I have the Avery bags and have been using them for years. Other then their straps, they do pretty well. I would say Rogers' bags are fine.

Btw, save your safety harnesses that you get when you buy a new treestand and use it to replace or reinforce the Avery straps. Has worked very well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. OUTBACK

OUTBACK 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2005
    W. KY

11. donrog

donrog Fawn

Sep 27, 2014
    Have four from Rogers. Doing real nice for me

12. kwildlife

kwildlife 6 pointer

Sep 12, 2008
    In the Bluegrass
    All the ones I have from Avery fell apart. If you don't keep a receipt they won't help you with problems. I won't buy another Avery product ever. JMO

13. CUT EM'

CUT EM' 6 pointer

Aug 23, 2009
    NKY
    we use the Rodgers bags, work great