Slaw dog

slobear

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2014
Trump town, USA
You're referring to the liquor store I'm sure??
Me and a few different buddies have tried to duplicate it for years to no avail lol. Best slaw dawg in the country!
Think I'll stop by for lunch today
Yeah, it’s had a few names over the years and I think the store sells them now or was. I have tried to replicate the slaw also.

Agreed on the best in the country.

NOCAMST

8 pointer
Oct 9, 2017
Central ky
Yeah, it’s had a few names over the years and I think the store sells them now or was. I have tried to replicate the slaw also.

Agreed on the best in the country.
Cut rate liquors. Hard to say the number of times me and my buddies would stop by after getting out of the backer patch and pick up a 6 pack 2 slaw dogs and a piece of cheese a piece. Man they are as good as they get! I would eat them a lot more but it doesn’t look to good on me taking the company truck to the liquor store lol. As far as the recipe I have no idea but I’ve never had an another anywhere as close as good.

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
A good slaw dog is by far one of my favorite things to eat. Best I had was at a little country store here near where I live to the elderly lady passed a decade or so ago, ain't been the same since. A very close second and third was at a place in Marion, VA called Dip Dog and then a place in Pikeville called Dorsies Dairy Bar. If I'm ever back over that way I'm gonna have to check and see if I can find that place. I love a good hot dog or slaw dog.

Stumbled across this chilli recipe awhile back and for making at home it's best I've had. I do tweak it just a little as far as I don't use the water or cook it in the crockpot. I cook and drain the meat and then cook it in a kettle. Pretty good chilli. Now I just need a good slaw recipe like one y'all talking to top it off with.

FB_IMG_1673663066084.jpg

slobear

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2014
Trump town, USA
So I failed at four day pizza crust and decided slaw dog was next best thing.

I minced onions, minced cabbage to the extent, minced pickled jalapeños, gildans spicy mustard, dill relish, and used cholua hot sauce to spice up. The Cholua didn’t work so I used el yacatean? Habernero sauce.

Used the slaw/sauce on johnsonville jalapeño pepper sausage fried in air fryer for 6minutes flipped once. Maybe overpowering for hot dog but i would walk past a slaw dog for this combination. I’ll either add habanero or carrots in next one for texture.