Six percent sales tax on electric

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
Ive been paying it for years now. I got a tenant house my wife uses as her work shop. We pay 6 percent on it because no one lives in it. But the house we live in we dont.

mcbuck58

6 pointer
Oct 10, 2021
Mammoth Cave KY
Anybody else get the email ,on the six percent tax on electric ,if you have more than one residence in your name.
I read it in my Warren Co electric magazine. Guess they are going to collect taxes on rental units/houses. You only get one tax free place per name. Your primary residence.

Dark Cloud

12 pointer
Aug 14, 2009
Lawrence Co.
That’s the way I take it,I just took it to be a new tax,because the letter I got ,said general assembly passed it in 2022 ,takes effect on Jan first 2023.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2014
Well I guess this won't affect me because I only have one residence, but they have to collect more taxes because of the of the 1% deduction in state income tax. But as always the bill is in the consumer.

Aug 8, 2014
It’s all utilities. Gas, water, sewer and electric.
Yes from my understanding it's all utilities on a 2nd residence. The theory was to continue to lower state taxes to 4% and soforth in the following yrs if the new taxes made up for the loss..I guess time will tell...

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Yes from my understanding it's all utilities on a 2nd residence. The theory was to continue to lower state taxes to 4% and soforth in the following yrs if the new taxes made up for the loss..I guess time will tell...
I have a second Ky home, lake house thats mainly used in the summer. Looks like the additional tax will cost me $125/yr. I'd like to know how much money this is projected to raise.