Simple things that bring happiness…

FF/EMT516

8 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Blackrock, Ky
I love nights like this when the weather is perfect and I come home from work and set outside by my pond in my lounge chair until dark and listen to the frogs and birds. It’s so peaceful.
Mom and dad have a pond down below their house that they keep mowed nice around and all, and in my teenage years and early 20’s I loved sitting down there around a fire with friends and family, just talking or even just listening to to frogs. I enjoy doing just about anything outdoors with my brother as well, we don’t get to spend much time together so anytime we do is good.

woodsman92

10 pointer
Feb 16, 2019
Russell Co
Some stuff already mentioned as a lot of us love the outdoors on here. Being on the water as the day begins and fog rises, sun rising over the water idling a boat around. That first gobble of the year that ignites that excitement and officially starts spring for me. Watching squirrels jumping tree to tree on a early morning in the summer making it rain dew. Grilling fresh never frozen tenderloins off that deer.

Capttrae

12 pointer
Apr 2, 2012
Besides huntin and fishin. There’s nothin like a dark wheelhouse about the last 2-3 hours of your watch, boat is on auto pilot , no deckhands to bother you, only illumination is the radar, plotter, and radio and those lights are turned down low, paperwork is all done except for the watch hand over, Vhf radio on 16, nobody talking on it, slick calm seas or a slight roll, green tea in one hand, vape pipe in the other with a fresh coil and some good juice, something easy playing on my phone just for a little back ground noise, it’s just you, the boat, and miles upon miles of empty horizon. That right there is about as close to heaven on earth as I think it gets. Of course me personally I love being alone and the dark.
The next, is exactly where I’m at now, laid up in my nice comfy bed in my house, lab dog stretched out beside me snoring. I can say this, if nobody else in this world loves me. Coal Dog does.