Simple things that bring happiness…

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Since there are many kindred spirits on here, just wondering what are some of the simple things in your life that bring you joy? I understand family, faith, etc…but what about other stuff. I’ll start with a few…
Getting up early but having nothing to do but slow sip coffee (and check the Ky Hunting Forum of course) for a few hours.
Sitting in my recliner and holding my dogs.
Obviously, time in the woods, afield, or on the water.
Grilling with some tunes going.
Chillin by the fire pit.

FF/EMT516

8 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
Watching my boys have a good time. That feeling you have when you’re sitting in your deer stand just before daylight or right at daylight and it’s still and quiet and you hear footsteps in the woods. Eating good food. Cooking something awesome and sharing it with people. When my oldest boy randomly looks up at me and tells me he loves me. Watching tv with my wife. Used to when I was on the fire dept, the feeling you get before you get to something big, the anxiousness and adrenaline you feel thinking about what you’re actually going into. Sitting on the beach in a chair putting my feet in the sand or letting it fall through my fingers.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
Morning coffee on my deck watching the sun rise
Drinking a quality beer while cooking a non-everyday meal
Having one of my dogs in my lap while watching TV
Sitting on my front porch watching the sunset. We do this almost every night. I love this.

Waking up with my girlfriend and watch her eyes open for the new day. They are always all swollen up and I say "Good morning China girl" lol

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
Cooking for my family.
Sitting around the fire pit at night with a nice glass of bourbon.
Soaking in the hot tub on a snowy night.
Being in the Hayden Valley of Yellowstone at first light or Avalanche Lake in Glacier any time (my happy places).
Watching the woods wake up from a deer stand.
Watching a bobber & hoping for it to go under (actually pretty much any time on the water).
Hugs from the hubby.
My grandson's smiles & giggles.
A big juicy sun-warmed tomato fresh from the garden.
A good book that I can't put down - even if it's one I've read multiple times.
80's rock.
Finding a great bargain at a yard/estate/rummage sale.
The first daffodil blooming in the spring.

I could keep going.... I guess I'm pretty easy to please.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
Being by myself on the boat and just slowly cruise around. Whether it’s early in the morning or late in the evening, on the river or on the lake. Listening to that motor at a high Idle and Enjoy the scenery

I really enjoy digging through other peoples junk whether it’s an old house, shop or Barn.

I truly feel good when I can help somebody in need. Whether it’s financially or physically helping them do something it brings me peace When I know it’s for a pure reason

I absolutely love being at a marina under the covered boat slips during a rain storm, There’s something very Comforting to me about it

Cooking food for people brings me great joy, Especially when it turns out good

Lastly bushhogging during a rainy day In the cab tractor is very relaxing and also makes me feel productive

Last edited:

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Watching my boys have a good time. That feeling you have when you’re sitting in your deer stand just before daylight or right at daylight and it’s still and quiet and you hear footsteps in the woods. Eating good food. Cooking something awesome and sharing it with people. When my oldest boy randomly looks up at me and tells me he loves me. Watching tv with my wife. Used to when I was on the fire dept, the feeling you get before you get to something big, the anxiousness and adrenaline you feel thinking about what you’re actually going into. Sitting on the beach in a chair putting my feet in the sand or letting it fall through my fingers.
Been in SWFL since last Sunday. Just sitting in a beach chair with a cold drink and feet in the sand plus listening to the waves is pretty nice. A good sunset too! Hard to beat.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Sleeping in, but that rarely happens any more. I still wake up early. Love hanging around the pool with friends and family.
Same. Even when I plan to sleep in it’s like 7:30 LOL. Been on vacation all week and up walking the dogs before 7.