Simple investing?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by luvtohunt, Aug 25, 2021.

1. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Ok so I will admit I know very little about this subject but had a question. Currently I am in the KERS and think I will be able to remain there so feel somewhat ok for my retirement needs. I have read some stuff on here so know you guys are more educated than myself about investing. Here is my question. Is there an app that I can put a little money in each month that will create me some type of moderate to moderate-high risk investment portfolio? I would like to just let them handle it and maybe learn as I go. I don’t want to deal with one of these round up to the nearest dollar kinda deals that has my checking info attached all the time out of simple fear of being taken advantage of. I don’t expect to make millions, just maybe make a little extra over the next 10-12 years I work to travel a bit after retirement. Any recommendations that some of you may use? Thanks.

2. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 12 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Ashton Kutcher is a investor in some type of company called acorns. I don’t know diddly squat about it but pretty much sounds like it put your spare change for purchases into some type of portfolio. He’s been a moderate actor but I do think he is pretty sharp when it comes to finances and investing

3. Jason1977

Jason1977 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2009
    I mess around with Acorns a bit. However it sounds like it does go against your desire to avoid the round up apps with your Accts attached to them. I just figure (maybe wrongfully so!) that I’m no more at risk there than anywhere else these days. Hackers seem to find their way into everything. Im in the habit of looking at my bank accts and Acorns acct almost daily so hopefully I would catch any oddities quickly and notify the proper folks should something happen. I enjoy it...it invests your round ups. You can multiply the roundups by 2X, 3X etc.. I also do a weekly flat rate contribution. You can select your own risk level as you mentioned. I do amounts that I’m comfortable with and the round up $$$ isn’t really anything you miss anyhow. I’m happy with it.