Sick of this crap

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ojibwa62, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Name checks out

2. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    What Dogs?:D

3. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Bring this thread back to life. Lololol
    I’m going against what I said in earlier posts.
    Neighbor called me today and was asking bout a fence between me and him. He’s gonna get some calves.
    So I heard him out this time. I’m eventually gonna build house there one today. He is getting quotes on 5 strand barbed wire and all wooden post. Which I like that’s fine. It’s approx 350 feet. He said it’s gonna be around $2.00 a ft. So roughly $350 my part. Don’t seem too bad to me. After talking awhile I said yea I’ll do it. He is a nice guy. I said I’ll meet you out there one day and go over it in person instead of phone. He agreed. So I’m gonna do it.
    Eventually I’m gonna extend this fence on down bout the same distance between me and him. I wonder if he will give me half cause he already said last year that he wasn’t interested in going that far down but that was after I told him I wasn’t interested in the front field fence. So we shall see in the future. I’m gonna be the good guy and do I guess the right thing and pay half of this fence he’s fixing to have put up.

bgkyarcher and Drahts like this.
  4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Only deer i saw today was being run by a dog.

Junglekat and OLE RASPY like this.
  5. Brody

Brody 10 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
  6. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Well,....for $250 you can find out sometime down the road if your neighbor is a as good as you,....or a complete taker. Sometimes in life it's cost people a helluva lot more than that to figure out somebody ain't worth a damn. Good call,..If I thought he seemed decent enough I may would have took the chance and done the same. I don't need nor ever would ask you for fence funds,...but I'd sure let you be my neighbor.

OLE RASPY likes this.
  7. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown
    Is that $2 a foot for labor only? I had a guy give me an estimate for a few thousand feet of 5 strand and he asked me $1.75 per ft labor plus materials.

8. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    That’s everything

9. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    A little advice ;) if he is going to buy calves you had better use woven wire . Calves can squeeze through barb wire searching for their mother or looking for the place they belong. They are scared and sometimes kind of wild if they are fresh off of a cow.

timer and OLE RASPY like this.
  10. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I ran into an older guy hunting this past weekend. He told me he had watched a dog run a buck for a couple hours Sunday.

He said, “I should’ve shot it...the buck...not the dog. The dog had a helluva a mouth on him...”

The old fella was just enjoying the music:)

11. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    What is the total length of the property line?When you are facing his property You are only responsible for the right half of the fence

12. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Idk. All he wanting to do is around 350 feet. He don’t want to fence it all the way down.
    I’m not sure I know what you mean by facing property and right half.
    I join him just on one side. Another guy joins him on other.

13. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    The side that you join him on. Hiw long is that property line?
    Go to the halfway point of the property line. Face his property. You are responsible for the half of the.property line to your right

14. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Well the way you just explained it then that’s what he’s wanting to fence. Lol. It’s prolly close to halfway.
    I’m gonna do it.
    That being said if he goes halfway down his property line and face mine does that mean he has to help me fence the rest cause that’s what I want to fence in the future not what he wants right now cause that’s where I’m gonna build house one day. But whatever we shall see if he helps me with the rest which will be his right side.