Should the Electoral College Be Eliminated? 15 States Are Trying to Make it Obsolete

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EC, May 23, 2019.

1. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Hilary would be President

2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    No she wouldn’t. She won the popular vote because of densely populated communist havens. She couldn’t win the 270 electoral votes needed....even if the state’s all changed

3. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    Bottom line, this begets taxation without representation.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  4. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    If the states force their Delegates to vote using the national popular vote ( which is what they are proposing ) YES it does make her President.

5. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    No eliminate the Democrats and everything will work just like it should.

6. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 6 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Guess that libs think middle America will roll over and let coast and border states rule the whole country. Change the rules cause they lost a couple close elections.

7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    What states and electoral votes would she have won that she didn’t? How would she have gotten to 270?

8. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    I think you may not be getting the point Ed. If enough states switch to giving all their electoral votes to who wins the popular vote it will render the electoral college useless. States rights wins out in the case. I for one see it as a very dangerous and real possibility.

9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I get the point. This is nothing more than a political statement from communist s-holes and they are firing a shot across the bow of middle America. The entire movement is pointless, ineffective, and futile. Nothing they are doing will change the result of a national election. In the states that have adopted this policy, nothing will or would have changed. There aren’t enough states to knowingly render themselves irrelevant and follow suit. It’s just not ever going to happen. Not to mention the redistricting implications.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  10. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    I think PA, MI and WI could be that stupid

11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Why has nobody answered the question about the state going electoral vote county by county. Seems if it is good enough for the country it would be good enough for the state. Would be interesting to see how the outcome would be.

12. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.

13. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Must be to hard a question of you eh ?

14. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    No for some reason I couldn’t reply but now I can.

It would be tough to have electorate officials for each country. It would be a cluster sending someone from every country in the nation. I would guess under your proposal the Republicans would come out on top though. Take California for instance. A few countries has the most populations and the majority of the countries are decided by just a few. If you look at the counties won by Hillary vs Trump on the map you’d see he won the county count by a landslide.

15. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Are you serious?