Should Hunter orange be a choice?

Should orange be the law of the land

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bleedinblu05

Spike
Oct 27, 2011
Christian County
Good post. It reminds me of another situation, that’s not exactly the same, but kinda is.
We have quite a few Amish families not far from where we live. They get around in black buggies, that are pretty much invisible except in broad daylight. On the one hand, I respect their beliefs, but I often think how easy it would be to hit one of them, and have to live with that for the rest of your life.
Many Amish are opposed to those orange safety triangles that farmers have on their tractors and equipment, but I think that should be a condition of them being allowed to use our roads.
Agreed. I’m sure an Amish man never gets in his buggy thinking that someone is not going to see him, but accidents happens. Things don’t always go as planned. Sometimes it’s not about yourself, but what place your decisions may put others. Luckily, most of the Amish (and Mennonites) in our area have given in some and have battery powered flashing lights on their buggies now.

Last edited:

mac0492

8 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
Im a Christian but i really dont think not wearing orange will send a person to hell if thats the worse we ever do i think we will be in good shape again just my opinion each person may believe differently
I’m not saying anyone is going to hell for not wearing orange. I have no idea how far God’s grace will extend, I only know what he revealed to us. But I do believe he would not lie to us and tell us to do something if we didn’t have to.

I’m sure Uzzah thought he was good to go when he reached out to stabilize the ark of the covenant when the oxen stumbled too. It didn’t same him though. God struck him down right there. (2 Samuel 6:6-7)

I believe God means exactly what he says and will do exactly what he said he will do.

kyhunter99

12 pointer
Dec 21, 2014
Still in the kitchen Ky
Agreed. I’m sure an Amish man never gets in his buggy thinking that someone is not going to see him, but accidents happens. Things don’t always go as planned. Sometimes it’s not about yourself, but what place your decisions may put others. Luckily, most of the Amish (and Mennonites) in our area have given in some and have battery powered flashing lights on their buggies now.

Probably made easier to give in when they kept getting hit by cars..
Just because you say its my life my choice doesnt mean it cant impact others. People have to live with other peoples blood on their hands because THAT person didnt comply with a simple rule or law that would have saved them.

ojibwa62

12 pointer
Jul 1, 2018
NOTW
Im a Christian but i really dont think not wearing orange will send a person to hell if thats the worse we ever do i think we will be in good shape again just my opinion each person may believe differently
agree,
I would also add that anyone who believes this has no idea why Jesus died on the cross for us, it was for ALL of our sins and transgressions not just some that we pick and choose.

I will say no more I will not get into a theological debate in a thread about blaze orange..

mac0492

8 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
agree,
I would also add that anyone who believes this has no idea why Jesus died on the cross for us, it was for ALL of our sins and transgressions not just some that we pick and choose.

I will say no more I will not get into a theological debate in a thread about blaze orange..

Romans 6:1-2
What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?
Romans 6:15
What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!

ojibwa62

12 pointer
Jul 1, 2018
NOTW
Romans 6:1-2
What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?
Romans 6:15
What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!
Just because you can Google and pick and choose a few verses to try and make a point does not make your points valid.. I suggest you sit down and read the whole bible maybe pick up a Bible concordance to help get some context.

mac0492

8 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
Just because you can Google and pick and choose a few verses to try and make a point does not make your points valid.. I suggest you sit down and read the whole bible maybe pick up a Bible concordance to help get some context.
Wow. So it’s okay for you to post daily about your religious beliefs but not okay for me? You must be a Democrat.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I’m sorry. It was my fault it got off topic. It just bothers me that someone who preaches daily on here about their religious beliefs would encourage that people should not obey the laws of the land. Carry on...
No apologies necessary. IMHO, God's laws don't really have much to do with man's laws... apples and oranges, and the apples are more important.....

Grago

12 pointer
Dec 13, 2016
I apologize also if i offended anyone i was raised in the middle of nowwhere was shooting guns before i was 5 just took firearm safety as something that everyone knew i was a waterfowl guide for years i seen it all in goose pits i have had people that didnt even know how to load their guns but for anyone to shoot a person mistaking them for a deer either wanted to get rid of them or is absolutely not a hunter as for laws some need enforced some are just to get money it needs to be common sense if you accidently get to 36 mph in a 35 you broke the law if you throw out a cigarette butt or a piece of gum you broke the law it can go on and on you are allowed 6 ducks a day if you take the right amount of different species in a 60 day season thats 360 ducks but your only allowed a very few in possession that also means your freezer which law is correct if you hunt everyday and limit out you gotta be eating a lot of ducks or giving them away back to the topic i think you should wear orange do i think they should write you a ticket on your on land for not wearing it no i dont ok im done lol

Latest posts