Should Hunter orange be a choice?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ojibwa62, Nov 22, 2019.

Should orange be the law of the land

Poll closed Nov 26, 2019.
  1. No

15.2%
  2. Yes

59.0%
  3. Should be a choice

10.5%
  4. Only on public

15.2%
  1. wolverine1

wolverine1 12 pointer

Oct 19, 2004
    breckinridge county
    You may think a law is unconstitutional, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be consequences if you are caught breaking said law. I don’t agree with some of the laws either, I can CHOOSE to abide by them or not, if I get caught then I’ll face the consequences..... You choose not to wear orange, not wear your seatbelt, etc, etc.... then don’t get upset if you get caught....

1wildcatfan and rockhousehunter like this.
  2. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown
    I think some people would bitch if they had a gold bar in both front pockets! Too heavy to pack. Lol

3. Grago

Grago 12 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Bah 1286 no i told them i would before i paid it they sent me to the da and i told him the story and he threw the ticket away im all for riding a motorcycle without a helment if you want to i had a wreck on one years ago and was wearing a helment other wise i wouldnt be here it busted the helment whenbi hit the pavement so if i was going to ride a bike i would wear one but of a person dont want to im all for them having that choice seat belt law is a crock just to get money they dont care aboutvyour safety i would weat orange anytime walking but in the stand i wouldnt but then again i have never understood why someone would shoot a person thinkingvit was a deer orange or not but i guess they do but i think it should be a choice just my opinion

ojibwa62 likes this.
  4. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    Yes you gotta wear your orange. People are crazy. An alot of them have no buisness in the woods in the first place. Dont give them any reason to not see you. It doesnt hurt to wear orange hunting anyway. Deer cant see it. So why not.

5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    I think some of you are more worried about shooting someone else then getting shot.
    I grew up in a state with lots of hunters, cars would be parked nearly bumper to bumper on state land we wore red wool suits when I first started hunting either solid red or black and red checked, seldom did anyone get shot, some of you act like there is a crazy with a gun behind every tree, doesn't say much about your opinion of your fellow Hunter. :D

I understand why they want us to wear I know that it doesn't spook deer, to a deer orange looks light gray or so they claim.
    My whole problem is it should be a choice especially on private land, and if you personally are not competent enough to identify your target you have no business in the woods.

Hope you guys understand I'm bored and playin:p

6. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    You can say back in the old days no one got shot but the stats on that are opposite im sure.
    But hunter orange has likely saved many lives and you wouldnt even know it.

rockhousehunter likes this.
  7. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
  8. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky

Don't take a crazy with a gun behind every tree, it takes ONE. The deer and what they see is scientific facts not opinions, they can study rods and cones of the eyes and know that for a certainty. Private land doesn't have force fields around it, people bypass signs and boundaries all the time, is it worth your life to "hope" others are not trespassing? To me, it sure isn't. Also I would bet there are several people not competent enough to identify a target that are surely in the woods. Lets hope those individuals are not around us is all we can do.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  9. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Now some of might understand why I was upset with dude putting a blind 100yds from my house, A big buck walks between him and my house he goes antler blind and shoots. The same kind of guy is exactly the type you are worried about shoot first identify later..

rockhousehunter likes this.
  10. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    I think orange if its faded doesnt look much different than the orange of some tree foliage in fall.
    I think hot pink or neon orange should be in. I think it should be on every blind, on every side of a person, on your dang stands, painted on the trees youre sitting in whatever. Im a fan of it.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  11. Grago

Grago 12 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Scientist also think we came from monkeys for whatever thats worth or can tell you a rock is 2 million years old we as hunters all believe certain things not every one believes the same thing i have never believed deer are color blind but thats just me why would anyone want to wear camo if they are i understand breaking up the pattern they must can see white good because they use their tale a lot to communicate with other deer but anyway im old and a lot i dont understand ducks and geese can see and fly and migrate a lot at night yet a turkey is suppose to be blind as a bat at night i know a lot of deer are killed with people wearing orange it is much safer to wear it but again why not bow hunt with a orange suit on that is broken up pattern not trying to have a debate like i said im old and old fashioned i guess good thing is we are all hunters and that is a great thing

12. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    Bow hunters dont need to wear orange because they hardly ever if ever accidently shoot a person during season.
    Ive never heard of it anyway.
    But consider haste, effectiveness, and distance required to kill a deer with a bow compared to a gun. Takes alot of meditation that gun hunting doesnt. And target has to be much closer.

13. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    Sometimes i wonder about this whole "shoot AT deer" mentality too. With guns.

14. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    If u are on private land and do t want to wear orange, don’t wear. Plenty don’t anyway.

15. Grago

Grago 12 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    I understand no need to wear orange bow hunting im only saying if deer are color blind whats the point in camo im glad people wear orange for their safety i used to hunt at ft campbell and was scared to death all the time there is not supposed to be anyone around me where i hunt but no way would i walk in with out orange i used to like to slip in without a light before day light dont do that anymore either i read not long ago i have never understood how someone could shoot a person thinking its a deer and anyone that has a clue to what their doing wouldnt