Shot at yotes

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Injun 22-250, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Injun 22-250

Injun 22-250 Fawn

Oct 5, 2003
    Philpot, Ky., USA.
    How often,estimate %,do you call a yote back after you shot at,and missed him? (using shotgun or rifle)

2. COUNTRYBOY

COUNTRYBOY 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2003
    Butler Co, KY
    I myself have never seen one come back after being spooked. However my hunting partner once took a shot at one walking and missed, the yote not knowing where the shot come from stopped dead still giving me a broadside shot, I took him down easily. Patience and practice will let you wait for the best shot so you don't need that second shot.

A COUNTRYBOY CAN SURVIVE

3. Injun 22-250

Injun 22-250 Fawn

Oct 5, 2003
    Philpot, Ky., USA.
    Thanks countryboy.must have got overexcited on this one!Rechecked my sight on my gun the next day,(I knew it couldn't be the guy sitting behind the gun [:)])but I was wrong again! Any way, he stopped behind a finger and there were to many trees to give him another round.

4. Injun,

User error huh...why that <i><u>NEVER</u></i> happens![;)]

It's hard to estimate a %, but there are many times you will get a second shot...maybe not necessarily at the one you <i>missed</i> however! Many times there will be a second yote in tail of the first and upon the miss and the subsequent skeedaddling of the first one, the second will not be able to figure out what is going on allowing you to drop him! <i>In fact</i>, sometimes even when you <i>hit</i> the first one the second one doesn't realize what is going on! Of course it <i>could</i> just be that he's <i>hungry</i>, and while he <i>really</i> feels sorry for his buddy that just got shot...<i>shame</i> to let him go to waste![}:)][;)]

Anyway, if you shoot one OR miss one...many times if you go to a coyote distress call (mouth or otherwise!) it will either stop the first (IF they don't stop on their own as Countryboy stated!)<i>OR</i> get any second one to present a shot too[:D]!!!

Just my humble 2ยข...

Genesis 9:3 "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."