Shoots deer,never hits it,but still killed it..??

Ataulbe1

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2017
Estill County
What?? I'm sceptical... At that distance I'd say that bullet zipped right through the eyes like she wasn't even there. Never heard of a bullet "creating a vacuum that sucks the eyes out of an animal".

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
Why would a person ever think a 750 grain bullet would leave that little of damage to an animal the size of a deer with a head shot? I’d have thought before even firing the rifle half it’s head would be missing.

Second, while it was not intended, sucking the eye ball out of its face, along with part of its cerebrum into its nasal cavity I’m guessing, is not what I would call and ethical kill. Was the animal instantly dead? Sure. Ethical to me would include intent, and clearly he did not intend to kill the animal in the way he did.

3rd, would he have even attempted this with a buck? Doubt it, but that’s my opinion. Probably wouldn’t have head shot a buck, and I’m guessing the head shot on the doe was to preserve meat, knowing what a .50 cal round would do. That to me does a disservice to the animal.

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
What?? I'm sceptical... At that distance I'd say that bullet zipped right through the eyes like she wasn't even there. Never heard of a bullet "creating a vacuum that sucks the eyes out of an animal".
It would aerodynamically. It creates a pressure wave ahead of it, and the pressure has to equalize behind it. If you watch long range snipers, their spotter watches the pressure wave of the bullet to tell the shooter how to adjust their shot for wind.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
I think it also caused sever brain hemorrhaging. He missed by a couple inches

Ataulbe1

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2017
Estill County
It would aerodynamically. It creates a pressure wave ahead of it, and the pressure has to equalize behind it. If you watch long range snipers, their spotter watches the pressure wave of the bullet to tell the shooter how to adjust their shot for wind.
I've seen the long range sniper shots and vapor trail, but I've never seen a near miss drop someone dead. My thinking was at that distance hitting soft tissue, even sinus cavity, there would be zero expansion. Sure if you hit skull that head would look like a bomb went off.

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
I've seen the long range sniper shots and vapor trail, but I've never seen a near miss drop someone dead. My thinking was at that distance hitting soft tissue, even sinus cavity, there would be zero expansion. Sure if you hit skull that head would look like a bomb went off.
Other than the tip of the nose, I don’t know how you could make a head shot and not hit bone.

CalebConn16

6 pointer
May 27, 2016
This has been disproven time and time again. What happened here was a big heavy bullet designed to expand on metal, or concrete or similar substances was going so screaming fast it blew through both eyes and never expanded at all. You can see fluid spray out the other side of the deers head. The bullet never dumped any energy.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Here is one for you and when I ever find out who did this all hell is going to break loose .
This happened back before the first of October . It was a 1900 + pound black limo bull.
The bullet went through one side and out the other . It took me a while to find him and he lost allot of weight .
Z0zi5Md.png

cN78N9Y.png

dirtstalker

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2009
Clay County
Well shoot...ima get me one of them cannons. Hell..dont even hafta hit em to kill em..just get close!

But...thats some interesting stuff there. For some reason..i wont take head shots on deer..and i cant explain why. Any other critters..i prefer head shots though.

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
This has been disproven time and time again. What happened here was a big heavy bullet designed to expand on metal, or concrete or similar substances was going so screaming fast it blew through both eyes and never expanded at all. You can see fluid spray out the other side of the deers head. The bullet never dumped any energy.
I simply cannot see a bullet that size, or any size, going through the eye and not leaving a mark. It would have to hit skull bone, and at that velocity, would have to do some damage.

Latest posts