Shooting non-edible animals?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by yotekiller, Mar 27, 2002.

1. yotekiller

yotekiller Banned

Jan 20, 2002
    The last groundhog i killed i'd have to scraped the ground for remains.I kinda imploded him.

2. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    H--- anything taste good in a crockpot. I've never tryed crow, or coyote, but if the sauce is good it can't be bad.

3. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

Birdman, sounds like you may have just been given a couple of new ideas for a cooking show...critter du juor.

4. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    I lived in Lousiana for a while and they eat everything. First there is the great big swamp rat called nutria they eat it, coons, possum, you name it they eat it.

There favorite season of all Robin, they love it when them Robins Migrate and they just shoot em up and eat em up.

5. Salty

Salty 8 pointer

Mar 21, 2002
    Winchester, KY
    Them crows taste a lot like bald eagles......

6. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    They anything like carrier pigeon?[:D]

7. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    I saw a coyote I would have shot it but this post has got me thinking about the wastefullness of shooting coyotes and not eating them. And since I wasn't in the mood for Moo Goo yote Pan well I figured best to let him run off and eat some turkeys and quail.

NAH I just didn't want to mess up my deer hunting for a no good coyote.

8. yotekiller

yotekiller Banned

Jan 20, 2002
    Yeah i'm not hunting them yet,i've got my eyes on a couple that are getting purty brave though.Years ago before i started coyote hunting i was stick slingin on a wma and i had a stand next to the road so i saw the guy walk by carrying a firebarker,and wondered about his intentions, WELL ABOUT THE TIME EVENIN WAS SETTIN IN ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE,I ABOUT JUMPED OUT OF MY STAND!!The guy had never seen me and circled back to the edge of the cut i was huntin,about 75yrds.I wasn't aware of his presence either so i got pretty spooked when that screamin demon unleashed.
    Still being a stick slinger i'd hate to be chasing yotes and knock a guy out of that P&Y they've put so much effort in.I figure about the end of Nov. i'm gonna get a bobcat and MAYBE if i'm lucky enough a yote.[:D]