shooting house cats

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by shootgroundhog, Apr 4, 2010.

1. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    Best thing to do live trap them then take them away at night:D Some call it the Relocation Program......

2. dxtsniper

dxtsniper 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2009
    Turn around!
    try a turkey head on'em. like a 100grn. bullhead or a turkey tom-a-hawk! report back with results.:D of course i'm just kiddin:rolleyes:

3. Algenco

Algenco 8 pointer

Jan 15, 2006
    Nancy

perfectly legal

4. FranciscoJ

FranciscoJ 6 pointer

Feb 19, 2010
    I think the issue here is going to be defining what is "infestation". If the cats are so numerous you can't let your dog out with it getting attacked, then yes, it's a act-able issue. If they are somehow tearing up crops or causing damage, then yes. Or for example, if they are genuinely causing a health concern...definetly.

However I think if you just don't like them, and they are causing no health/agricultural threat, it may be "illegal". Wild hogs tear up soil. Rats spread disease. Not saying I know the exact definition, just something to consider I suppose...

5. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    And here come the bleeding hearts to Garfield's rescue. Buzzards gotta eat too.

"What happens on the farm, stays on the farm."

6. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry

SMASHDN and remember BAAAAAAAA means NO! LOL :D

7. anvil

anvil 6 pointer

Sep 27, 2009
    If you call the dog warden in my county he will tell you to shoot it!! I had a real problem with dogs and cats when i first moved here some 15 years ago no one would believe me when i told them there was a leash law in this state and i got tired of cleaning up my trash cans . Put lids on them you say! Yah these dogs were smart they would run up to the cans knock them over off pops the lid and dig in. I give every one the benifit of a dought and showed them pics of there dogs / cats in my trash cans but never did any one offer to clean up there pets mess so i SSS. Now insted of 12 dogs and 30 somthing cats running around ( none with anykind of shot tags) there is 4 dogs and 2 cats.

8. if its legal you mind if i help i will bring the beer

9. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    This is where the three SSS come in....oh-- and dont get caught...

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...ping-Killing-Cats/RL0NDrB5DU-YCgOWoSrdaA.cspx

Two Men Charged With Trapping, Killing Cats

Last Update: 2:51 pm
    CLERMONT COUNTY, Ohio -- The Goshen Township Police Department and the Clermont County Humane Society have filed charges against two men who allegedly trapped and killed multiple cats in Goshen Township.

Goshen Township police say in late March, early April, James Combs, 23, of Maineville, shot one cat at the Country Lake Apartments and two cats near the Goshen Kroger using a .22 caliber rifle.

Keegan Carney, 21, of Wayne Township, allegedly trapped four cats from the area near the Melon Ridge Nursing Home and took them to his home where he killed them in late March.

The men were apprehended on April 6 after witnesses saw them set cat traps at the Country Lake Apartments.

Carney is charged with four counts of animal cruelty.

Combs is charged with three counts of animal cruelty and three counts of discharging a firearm on or near prohibited premises.

The men are scheduled to appear in Clermont County court later this month.

10. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    If they can prove some kind of pest control work, maybe that would explain the trapping, but whacking them with a rifle in a public place is just stupid.

11. dray223

dray223 10 pointer

Mar 11, 2010
    shot a stray black tom cat at 326 steps a few years back.

12. bowtech1

bowtech1 Fawn

May 3, 2010
    theirs no law protecting animals that are on your property. if any animal is being a nussence than you are allowed to rid yourself of them. drop the air gun and get yourself some sticks of dinomite. haha

13. leprocope

leprocope 6 pointer

Jan 2, 2010
    shelby county
    It is these post that keep me reading daily! LOL. I really didn't need to think I can shoot my damn cats for being a pest! Moving tarkets! Bow one down in the back yard and I'll be pleading insanity to a judge knowing my luck! Thanks for keeping it funny!

14. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    If they're in my garbage tonight, they'll be in my garbage in the morning.

15. Bullfries

Bullfries 8 pointer

Jan 10, 2008
    my double bull
    Good post. I cant even shoot a pellet gun in my backyard without the neighbors knowing so my dogs do my dirty work. Pretty fun to watch though.