She wouldn't listen.

Jayman

6 pointer
Mar 23, 2020
Ky
Came home from work yesterday a little early and asked the wife if she wanted to hit the woods. Told her I had a good feeling and with the weather change coming I had a gut feeling this could be a good evening. She said maybe tomorrow evening. So we went out to eat and hang out with another couple. At 630 my phone starts going off. A doe and split brow shows up for almost a hour. Needless to say she about lost her dinner. And she could tell by my facial expression it was one of those " I told you so" moments. Told her later that evening it was ok, I hear they've got new ways to fix tag soup lol.
Screenshot_20221001-073920.jpg

Jayman

6 pointer
Mar 23, 2020
Ky
He will be back this evening....
Well we went in and sat up a pop up blind. Knew it wasn't the best idea since it was gonna change the scenery they were used to but I hunt from a stand and she couldn't get in it and wasn't comfortable with the height. 630 came then 7 and about 730 I could hear something walking at last light over the bank heading to the corn. I caught movement and sure enough it was him. Saw him walk to about 40 yards. He froze and stared directly at the blind. She couldn't see him out the front window and I was watching out a small window of the blind. He only took about 3 more steps until finally it was to dark. We sat till almost 8 and I never heard him take another step. Finally I blew trying to push him off and heard him bouncing through the woods over the hill. Worst part about hunting til dark and deer around you.

Jayman

6 pointer
Mar 23, 2020
Ky
Well I'd pulled the blind and made a make shift blind on the ground with branches and dead logs about 50 yards away from corn for her to muzzle loader hunt in. Dropped her off early this morning and came back home. I was gonna still hunt and waiting for daylight so I sat at the house drinking coffee waiting to leave. At 7:20 I start getting Moultrie notifications. Big 11 and a spike are in the corn. I'm excited watching picture after picture come in knowing any second I'm gonna get the text I got him. Now the blind has a clear view of the hillside below they always come from but actually seeing corn area is spotty. Wife could only see one deers body through the scope and couldn't see its head.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221016-092701.jpg
    Screenshot_20221016-092701.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts