Setup Question Bowtech Invasion...

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by beards-n-bone, Jun 25, 2013.

1. beards-n-bone

beards-n-bone 10 pointer

Nov 12, 2008
    Pulaski Co.
    I have to adjust my HHA sight I just got so far to the left for windage the rheostat touches the sight bracket and wont turn. About a third of the sight picture is actually blocked by the riser. It shoots bullet holes and I have walk back tuned the setup. QAD lockdown pro rest. Left handed sight 2 (2).jpg

2. kison

kison BBBC Members

Sep 27, 2002
    Nicholasville
    That is not uncommon for the invasion and insanity. Usually mine lose 20% or less over into the riser. It's a great bow and you'll get the feel of it.

3. BowOnly

BowOnly 8 pointer

Mar 6, 2008
    If that's where it tunes then so be it. Try a spacer between the sight and the riser to free up some windage adjustment.

4. bowhuntinslife

bowhuntinslife 8 pointer

Aug 19, 2004
    B.G., Ky.
    Check for cam lean at full draw the OD binary cams are super tuneable and you should be down the middle of shelf. Also what arrow spine arrow are you shooting, length etc and lb of bow?

5. beards-n-bone

beards-n-bone 10 pointer

Nov 12, 2008
    Pulaski Co.
    Carbon Express Blue Streak 350. 29 inch draw. 28 inch arrow. Pullin 65 lbs.

6. bowhuntinslife

bowhuntinslife 8 pointer

Aug 19, 2004
    B.G., Ky.
    Arrows right in the ball park of where it should be so id lean towards cam lean or induced hand torque, ive seen it before where a person can torque riser with bow hand and still get a bullet hole. Not ideal but it does work lol. Most OD cam bows ive tuned shot right down center of shelf with some minor yoke tuning.

7. beards-n-bone

beards-n-bone 10 pointer

Nov 12, 2008
    Pulaski Co.
    In order for the rest to be down the middle of the shelf, the rest has to be adjusted all the way out. I guess this is normal. May be a limbdriver rest in my near future.

8. beards-n-bone

beards-n-bone 10 pointer

Nov 12, 2008
    Pulaski Co.
    One more question......as I draw my bow (knocking loop) I noticed that the arrow will raise off the rest slightly but then ease back down on the rest once I reach full draw. The loop is pinching the knock allowing it to happen. Will this effect accuracy since the arrow does indeed lay back down on the rest once full draw is reached? Logic tells me this is not good as the arrows full weight may not be laying on the rest.

9. nutcase

nutcase 8 pointer

Sep 27, 2004
    Murray, Ky
    If the QAD will not tune to center of the shelf, you are missing the windage spacer that comes in the package. If the arrow lifts up the d-loop is too tight. Cam lean is usually set from the factory and may be off a half twist or so. These cams are supposed to lean at rest and it goes away at full draw.

Fast bows need stiff arrows, when I shot the Insanity I needed a 340 spine at 27" length and was shooting 27.5" dl at 65#. I use Ontarget to get all arrow specs for my shop.

set the arrow down the middle of the shelf and at 90 degrees off the string. and work with it from there. We sell more bowtechs than any other brand and setup is second nature on the overdrive cams

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  10. russell

russell Spike

Jul 25, 2006
    moreland
    QAD requires a spacer for some Bowtech bows. If you will look on the package or instructions of the rest it gives you this information. You need to call QAD and they will send you the parts free.

11. mike goodlett

mike goodlett 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2009
    Mount Sterling ky.
    They do me the same way short a to a bows set up way right and I can't see my whole sight housing. I tried three different bows in one year all the same. Went back to bows 36 a to a or over no problem. I like shorter bows for hunting but I like to see my sight housing more. I tried a monster, maxis and a pse vendetta xl all the same . I thought it was just me so I didnt post when I first readed this I guess not. I'm left eye dominant shooting right handed I thought this was what caused it. What eye is your dominant eye?

12. beards-n-bone

beards-n-bone 10 pointer

Nov 12, 2008
    Pulaski Co.
    Left eye dominate and left handed. QAD is sending me spacers for the rest. I don't understand how this is gonna help, but then again I don't know what they mean by "spacers". Might go to a limb driver rest if I cant get this one to work better.

13. mike goodlett

mike goodlett 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2009
    Mount Sterling ky.
    I was just curious. Good luck getting it set up.