Septic System Inspections

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by predator1, Apr 8, 2020.

1. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

My BIL is a plumber and has had his master plumber cert for a good while now. Only two masters in his county. He works for the city by day for benefits then does his own thing on the side and pretty much names his price. He seems to enjoy his job and he makes darn good money.

drakeshooter likes this.
  2. An old plumber in Murray 35 years ago offered to take me under his wing. Told me in 20 years there will be such a shortage of plumbers you can name your price son. One of my biggest regrets was/is turning him down.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  3. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Hello, she's trying to politely give you a message that you smell, men...:rolleyes:

4. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I’ve had my master certification since 1994... still hold my journeyman and also have boiler license. Late 80’s & early 90’s .. seemed like all I did was test or was studying for one. Not to mention all the safety certifications.. asbestos, confined space, shoring & trenching.

Which I did similar to your BIL and stayed with MSU for benefits but worked side jobs for many years. I retired as foreman over plumbing, mechanical & welding, came back and worked at heating & cooling plant, then worked as a construction project manager... and now as of last year... I’m superintendent over all the maintenance trades.

Overall I’ve made a very comfortable living with those certifications.... more so than the most graduating college right now with a few exceptions. As the opportunities abound in the trades areas... just a shame most kids coming out of high school don’t realize it.

Munson, xbokilla, FOWLER2671 and 2 others like this.
  5. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I think every high school should have vocational training.

6. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

Or they're just too damn lazy to actually WORK for a living and expect Mom and Dad and the Government to take care of them forever. :(

7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

We have a really strong vocational school program. I personally have suggested plumbing. They haven’t had the interest yet but hope it’s an area of interest in the future. Of course we’ll need a plumber to teach so get ready JD!

8. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    The inspectors here in Louisville have been shut down for a couple of weeks. They are doing virtual inspections. You take a video of the job, send it to the inspector and they may or may not give you a permit. It's a pain in the ass.

9. Stevens

Stevens Fawn

Aug 3, 2016
    I'm a general contractor in Pennsylvania The governor has the whole dang industry shut down since 3/19 . No building inspections, and if they catch us working they can fine us 10000. That's across the board remodel or new construction. We have peoples houses ripped apart and cant go back to the job. Its crazy

10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Utter nonsense and complete Bullshit! I suggest flushing paper towels in the state capital building (when open to the public) and organizing all plumbers in the state to collectively tell them to eat shit when they call to repair their backup!

Drahts and drakeshooter like this.
  11. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Now that’s complete BS! It’s bad enough that my house is nearing completion with no sign of a septic in sight. I could only imagine being told to stop cold turkey.

Winchester94 likes this.
  12. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Finally got some good news today. If you already had a perc test and a layout they will allow you to complete it and leave sight pipes for them to approve. If you hadn’t already started the process, you’re still shit out of luck. So at least now I can finish.

carnivore and 1wildcatfan like this.
  13. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Do you wear some sort of protection over your nostrils? I'm just asking to see how you keep flies out of your nose, being that it seems to be the first thing to hit air.

14. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Only if I have need to work some smelly stuff into the garden soil, or if I am cleaning with something pungent. Of late, I have been wearing one in public, because of the CommieCooties, but I typically reserve such only for when I am sick.

Kentucky sure does seem to be overrun with flies, I have always noticed, huge ones, too. I have never seen flies so big, anywhere. That's nasty gross, too!

15. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Nothing like those big biting horse flies. Bastards hurt. Then the big green jar flys are annoying as hell.