Sept.Bow Season And Hot Weather

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by KnoxCoDeerHunter, Sep 4, 2007.

1. KnoxCoDeerHunter

KnoxCoDeerHunter 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2006
    Knox County
    Hey guys I havent been out yet, because of the hot hot weather were having. Just thought id see if anyone that has already been out have been seeing any deer movement. I know if its really hot around here, the deer hardly wont even move around early in the morning or late in the evening, usually after dark. Plus so many snakes and bugs out. I might try it later on this month or 1st of oct. Also heard today that someone already took a very nice 17pt in my area opening morning. So maybe I do need to get my butt in the stand.

2. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    Naw, it's too hot and too many bugs. Just wait til Oct 1. Those bucks will really be easy to pattern and moving then. ;):D

3. ecmbowhunter

ecmbowhunter Elitist Bowhunter

Feb 17, 2004
    at the Elite Level
  4. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    What he said, Just take a thermocell and bugspray. Its not that bad:D

5. Bows over Guns

Bows over Guns 6 pointer

Aug 2, 2007
    you really are missing out. you cant killem laying in bed.

6. notimlmit

notimlmit 12 pointer

Feb 7, 2007
    Barren co.
    You guys notice where KCH is from, Barboursville, my dad once had a construction job there and they averaged killing 2 copperhead snakes a day. I think I'd wait till frost if I lived there.

7. ditchdigger

ditchdigger 8 pointer

Jul 23, 2007
    Wouldn't do for me to be in stand this time of year! Deer have way to good of noses for that:D

8. ecmbowhunter

ecmbowhunter Elitist Bowhunter

Feb 17, 2004
    at the Elite Level
    I hunted all weekend, counted 2 mosquitos and 0 ticks. Just sprayed down my socks, pantlegs and waistband with permanone and let dry. Hosed down with scent killer, and hit the woods.....critters everywhere.

9. KnoxCoDeerHunter

KnoxCoDeerHunter 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2006
    Knox County
    Yeah we do have too many snakes. But I do believe I will hit the woods this weekend. Suppose to cool down alittle so thats a big plus. Also watching these hunting shows and stuff on the outdoor channel everyday is really getting me pumped! Been shooting alot this summer so me and my parker bow is ready. Ill let you all know how it goes. Thanks alot