Seeing more Ammo

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Haves, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Haves

Haves 8 pointer

Feb 17, 2007
    Union ky
    I'm in Dallas, but I've been seeing more Pistol ammo about. Walmart was stocked up on .223 ammo. I've also seen stripped lowers online for $89 again. Perhaps the US is starting to get her legs under her again.

2. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    That may be the case, but the prices I have saw were still way up there.

Mayes

3. turkeytalker

turkeytalker Banned

Nov 3, 2004
    Beyond any doubt Barick Oslamma has proved what so many preached on here prior to the election. This country is gonna falter at his hands.

Every smart person i know was stocked up prior to Nov. 2008,only kool aid drinkers were buying afterward, guess the jar is empty?

On a side note this pegs the gay meter! Seemed like he didn't have a whole lot of fans at the game, sounded like halloween with all the boos.

[​IMG]

4. Haves

Haves 8 pointer

Feb 17, 2007
    Union ky

5. grouser68

grouser68 Banned

Jan 29, 2006
    I tried to order a case of shotgun shells from a well known gun store in Lexington,online. Their credit card machine was screwed up and it would'nt take any of my cards.They e-mailed me and said they had been having problems with it, but still wanted me to order.The shells were $15. per box.I found the very same shells at Wal-mart for $12.36, as I recall,so I ordered them there.Now, we all know wallyworld can sell cheaper, but almost $3. on a box of shells? I agree, the scare is over,time for the gun stores to drop the price a bit.

6. owcobro

owcobro 6 pointer

Dec 6, 2004
    walton, ky
    Was at the gun show in Somerset Sunday morning, ammo was still high but had come down a little. They had plenty of everything, I was told by one fellow he had the most ammo to sell in the last nine months.

It also seemed like the black rifles had come down a little.

7. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    None of the gun/ammo manufacturers were prepared for the onslaught of buyers. Most of the people who felt they needed to stock up for whatever reason did so months ago and are no longer buying. The manufacturers have had time to catch up with both gun and ammo production. It's basic supply and demand at it's best.

Personally I have never had a problem finding ammo or weapons the past few months, even .223.

8. Haves

Haves 8 pointer

Feb 17, 2007
    Union ky
    Check out ar15 . com . The black rifles are down to pre-bama prices if not lower in some cases.

9. biggun

biggun 8 pointer

Sep 18, 2007
    I saw a double star lower today for $125. That is about what they should run.

10. Colorado_Hunter

Colorado_Hunter 10 pointer

Nov 30, 2007
    Radcliff, Kentucky
    Wishful thinking, the US has already had it's legged chopped off at the knees by your boy Hope Changey.

Obviously you haven't been watching the unemployment numbers recently.

The worst is yet to come, if you think that the Carter years were miserable it it going to be worse than that.

But hey, that is just my opinion.

11. Haves

Haves 8 pointer

Feb 17, 2007
    Union ky

You should just start a thread with all of your dreams and call it "Hopey Changey, A Colorado Hunters's view of the Political Arena". Put all your thoughts together, type them up, and then we can discuss.

Till then, you bomb into every thread with "Hopey Changey" ideas, when we are talking about ammo...and rifles. So type about rifles...or ammo...or butt out.

12. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I was at the Nashville Bass Pro last Friday... plenty of rifle ammo ... very limited on pistol ammo.

Prices in general were reasonable... picked up some Hornady 22-250 in 55gr v-max .. $18.99 per box. Looked hard at a boo-koo of Winchester ammo... 22-250 55gr pointed soft points... $16.99 per box... best price on any 22-250 ammo I've seen anywhere. All Winchester ammo was a couple bucks less than Hornady..Remington & Federal. Seemed like they had ammo for just about any rifle caliber.

Pistol... 38's & 9mm was basically none ...except for a few boxes of target rounds. No Tap ... or defense loads in general.

Wal-Mart here in Murray & Benton..... still pretty bare.

13. grouser68

grouser68 Banned

Jan 29, 2006
    Wal mart in Morehead, and Mt. Sterling both have 9mm. Got some, and was surprised to still see it on the shelf 3 days later.

14. Colorado_Hunter

Colorado_Hunter 10 pointer

Nov 30, 2007
    Radcliff, Kentucky
    Obviously you don't read what you type, you are the one who stated "Perhaps the US is starting to get her legs under her again". What exactly does that have to do with guns and ammo?

SO "if you are going to shoot, then shoot".:D