Seeing any sign??

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by EastKYHardwoodHunter, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Acefoxtrot

Acefoxtrot Fawn

Aug 22, 2008
    Scouted about a 100 acre piece yesterday in Wolfe walking old logging roads. Not one rub or scrape. Jumped two does. Walked another 15 acre piece and nothing there either. EHD hit hard about 2-3 years ago here.

2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I hunted about an hour yesterday. Got wet and the 10 mph wind froze me out. I sat in the truck for the remainder of the afternoon. Watched a 140+ buck rake trees and make three scrapes.

3. NOCAMST

NOCAMST 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2017
    Central ky
    Climbed down this morning and found 8 new scrapes that weren’t there yesterday so they are starting to crank up now

4. cdalle6

cdalle6 6 pointer

Sep 13, 2009
    KY
    I hunted yesterday morning and evening, first time on the farm in season. Fence lines are heating up with scrapes in their yearly location, I would say at least 75% have been opened up. Didn’t see many new ones. Saw a couple rubs, but I was only walking field edges to and from stand sites and not physically in the woods looking for sign.

5. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    Walk some bench’s this morning not one paw place no rubs my buck actively on my cams stopped getting some does on cam that’s it jerks the confidence out of you.

6. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I rode my rancher back where I saw the buck making scrapes yesterday afternoon. Bumped 7+ deer out of that corner when I drove in. That place is torn up. Never got off the rancher, and just skirted the edge of the woods. Saw 20+ rubs, and 10+ scrapes. Two rubs bigger than my thigh. The woods is very clean, so hunting the edge in a stand is out. They'd spot you climbing up or down. I'm going to stay out until gun season, then slip in there and hunt the ground from the opposite fence row. There is a slight rise, so I can get in there undetected. Feeling very good about it. Got in my stand at 3:00. Had a 6 point cruise through at 3:50. Really thought I was going to be covered in deer. 2.5 hours later, not another deer sighting.

woodsman92 likes this.
  7. redlickranch

redlickranch 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    Found a few Rubs during muzzle loader and set up some cams. Nothing huge, but I got a few on camera. You can see a nice rub behind them and there is two more to the left out of frame.

buck2sm.PNG

Buck1smPNG.PNG