Search Continues For Missing Hunter

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by jeffcojoe, Oct 23, 2006.

1. jeffcojoe

jeffcojoe 6 pointer

WILLIAMSBURG, Ky. -- A search party is trying to find a hunter, who is presumed lost in the Daniel Boone National Forest near Cumberland Falls.

About 25 searchers, including rescue squad members, forestry employees, police officers and firefighters have been looking for Norman Harp of Williamsburg who became separated from a hunting partner Saturday.

There is particular concern for Harp, who is a diabetic.

A state official said a candy bar wrapper has been found along with evidence that Harp had given himself an insulin shot, but it wasn't known how much insulin Harp had with him.

Two bloodhounds searched Sunday until they were worn out, but were not able to find Harp's trail, officials said.

He said a state police helicopter was used Saturday and again Sunday, but Harp wasn't found.

http://www.wlky.com/news/10138645/detail.html

2. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    Always have a map and a compass with you when you go hunting guys.....It doesnt hurt to pack a small pill bottle with some matches and lent from your dryer to start a fire with either!

These items are lite weight and do not take up much room and could save your life someday!

My prayers go out to the lost brother and his family with the hope that he is found safe and returns to his loved ones.

3. Dev

Dev 10 pointer

Jan 3, 2005
    Den tree in Northern KY
    Only 25 people out looking for him? That is shocking. Why aren't there more than that? I can only hope and pray that everything comes out ok for the man and his family and friends. Good luck to all involved.

4. Gilligan

Gilligan 6 pointer

Nov 8, 2005
    Crittenden
    My prayers are with them. I hope they find him soon especially as this cold weather continues to move in.

5. Foam Steak

Foam Steak 10 pointer

Jun 29, 2006
    Harrison County
    Hope the guy is allright. Hardly seems like a big enough area to get lost in, turned around maybe, but lost? Must be some other problems, hope they find him soon.

6. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    If you've never seen someone going into a diabetic coma, they act very confused, don't speak, often wander around with no direction. They realize they are in trouble, and they know they need food or insulin, but they may not be capable of getting it themselves.

It's looking bad for this guy. Prayers are sent.

7. HoosierHunter68

HoosierHunter68 Fawn

Oct 14, 2006
    God be with him...keep us posted